2017 ZL1 Beat the 350R Around the Ring.

blk02edge

Established Member
I am not a fan of the ZL1 or any GM car for that matter and most ppl on here know that but only wanting see the manual argument is dumb. It's like only wanting to see he car on all seasons and not performance tires. GT500 guys said the me think with the Hellcat A8 and now it will be one with the ZL1. Judge all cars at the peak of their performance and leave it at that.

The part where I said "relevant to me" should answer your comment. To ME comparing a manual to auto doesn't make sense. I only want to compare the 6 speed variants. I don't care what any automatic car runs. Same goes comparing a future A10 shelby vs a 6 speed camaro. Don't care

SCalla1384

Established Member
The part where I said "relevant to me" should answer your comment. To ME comparing a manual to auto doesn't make sense. I only want to compare the 6 speed variants. I don't care what any automatic car runs. Same goes comparing a future A10 shelby vs a 6 speed camaro. Don't care

You also said you can't compare a camaro ss to a mustang gt because the camaro makes more power... lmao

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thanks...what are the odds the z28 runs the same tire?

they wouldnt put those crappy tires on the Z28. not after putting Trofeo Rs on the last gen. im surprised they put them on this ZL1. maybe to avoid eating up C7 GS sales? mpss would make the car even faster. theyre putting them on vettes now. yet put those awful F1s on the bad boy blown camaro? say whaaat?

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Meh. The ring is just too big to accurately compare cars imo. Different days, different drivers, there are so many turns and its so long that just minor mistakes can add seconds. Kudos to Chevy for making a nice car though, I know some C7Z owners that are pretty pissed that they just handed over everything that made them unique to team Camaro and without the overheating issues.

yenko boy

Established Member
You are correct the true test will be owners pushing them. But a while back when chevy suprised some journalist with a ride they had two zl1's giving rides for a few hours non stop. Non of them displayed the issues the z06's are having. Plus its known that these things have a crazy amount of cooloing reinforcement.

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I was responding to the guy that implied since ZL1 has an A10, a 13/14 GT500 with an A6 would have done good in the Nurb too. I said No. Maybe it would have but there are many things that the new ZL1 has and the '13 GT500 doesnt, so itll take more than an A6 to make the '13 GT500 run a fast ring time.

The GT500 that ran 7:39 is just like the GT350R that ran 7:32, not verified. Would love to see Ford run these cars along with the Focus RS and new Ford GT though.

There is a member here in italy that has driven his GT500 in the nurb, must be scary as hell with 662hp and a sold rear.

image.jpeg That was me about a month ago. Honestly, it was a blast. It was a bit scary only because it takes quite a few laps to remember all the corners. If my job takes me to Germany, I'll buy a season pass no doubt. With regard to the rear axle, it only stepped on on me once while exiting the carousel, and that was on the first lap and on relatively cool tires. The stock Goodyears grip pretty damn well once heated and I could've pushed the car much harder with more seat time, and instruction

blk02edge

Established Member
You also said you can't compare a camaro ss to a mustang gt because the camaro makes more power... lmao

Again. Good job failing to understand that I said you can't compare the chassis. Not talking about the overall car.

blk02edge

Established Member
View attachment 76426 That was me about a month ago. Honestly, it was a blast. It was a bit scary only because it takes quite a few laps to remember all the corners. If my job takes me to Germany, I'll buy a season pass no doubt. With regard to the rear axle, it only stepped on on me once while exiting the carousel, and that was on the first lap and on relatively cool tires. The stock Goodyears grip pretty damn well once heated and I could've pushed the car much harder with more seat time, and instruction

That's very cool. I got to experience a bone stock 2014 gt500 this weekend on our new local track (Area 27) along with a gt4 clubsport and 2016 viper ACR driven by professionals. The gt500 felt extremely solid even after being in the ACR haha.

There were also 2 2015 ZL1's who my buddies were coaching in

Supernova

Established Member
Wait, let me gues--different drivers, and different days? Yeah, it's essentially meaningless.

With that said, I'm sure the new ZL1 is going to be a great car, and I don't give two shits whether it's faster than the GT350 or not. I just am tired of everyone getting hung up on Ring times. I'd rather know how fast they are around tracks I'm likely to drive on (or any other North American owner, for that matter).

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
That's very cool. I got to experience a bone stock 2014 gt500 this weekend on our new local track (Area 27) along with a gt4 clubsport and 2016 viper ACR driven by professionals. The gt500 felt extremely solid even after being in the ACR haha.

There were also 2 2015 ZL1's who my buddies were coaching in

Guys that haven't driven this car on an open track are missing a lot of fun. I was considering a Viper earlier this year, but figure I can always get a used low mile version. Whenever I get back to the US, I'll take my GT500 to the strip a few times, but I like corner carving a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread