2017 ZL1 Beat the 350R Around the Ring.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I'm impressed with how quick that thing gets to red line and hardly strayed from it. That driver was on it.
Can't wait to see how the next GT500 with same A10 performs.

Right now the ZL1 is at the top. I wonder how much faster it is compared to an auto hellcat?

SirShaun

Established Member
This thread was simply posted to troll by Sirshaun, followed up by the svtp famous troll Rainmaker and backed by zyborg with his inifite wisdom. Good play guys, I need a snickers

Lol I called it months ago, when I pissed everyone off about the Ford GT and GT350. The ZL1 with the A10 was going to beat the Z28 and GT350. Ford then answers with the GT500 riding off with this generations win of ultimate performance muscle car.

I didn't intend to cause a shit storm. I just enjoyed watching that ZL1 with the A10, figured it was share worthy.

C0bra99

Established Member
NO

It needs:
proper suspension (IRS)
better tires
better brakes

The mustang to track during the s197 era was the Boss. The GT500 was too front heavy, blower heatsoak, brade fade all within 2-3 laps. Don't reference Randy Pobst's lap times as gospel. Those are 1 lap hero times.
Wondering with all that you stated is wrong with the GT500 how it finish the ring in 7:39? I'm not a ring times guy, but in this thread it seems appropriate

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Lol I called it months ago, when I pissed everyone off about the Ford GT and GT350. The ZL1 with the A10 was going to beat the Z28 and GT350. Ford then answers with the GT500 riding off with this generations win of ultimate performance muscle car.

I didn't intend to cause a shit storm. I just enjoyed watching that ZL1 with the A10, figured it was share worthy.

You called nothing! Wait the M4 GTS runs faster than a new ZL1. Can't be!!
https://youtu.be/I6VrhW6J4Bs

SirShaun

Established Member
Wondering with all that you stated is wrong with the GT500 how it finish the ring in 7:39? I'm not a ring times guy, but in this thread it seems appropriate

It did alright didn't it? I wonder if it had any weight reduction or race tires? If not, I wonder, what it truly is capable of.

[video=youtube;5hiSgO7Jq3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hiSgO7Jq3I[/video]

C0bra99

Established Member
It did alright didn't it? I wonder if it had any weight reduction or race tires? If not, I wonder, what it truly is capable of.

[video=youtube;5hiSgO7Jq3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hiSgO7Jq3I[/video]
See that's the reason why I don't like referencing ring times. You never know what has been done to the cars and some manufacturer have been caught cheating.... Nissan and GM come to mind

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Has anyone even mentioned the most obvious variable? The driver? Sure they all use pro drivers but that doesn't mean they all have the same skill.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

I was responding to the guy that implied since ZL1 has an A10, a 13/14 GT500 with an A6 would have done good in the Nurb too. I said No. Maybe it would have but there are many things that the new ZL1 has and the '13 GT500 doesnt, so itll take more than an A6 to make the '13 GT500 run a fast ring time.

The GT500 that ran 7:39 is just like the GT350R that ran 7:32, not verified. Would love to see Ford run these cars along with the Focus RS and new Ford GT though.

There is a member here in italy that has driven his GT500 in the nurb, must be scary as hell with 662hp and a sold rear.

Last edited:

C0bra99

Established Member
I was responding to the guy that implied since ZL1 has an A10, a 13/14 GT500 with an A6 would have done good in the Nurb too. I said No. Maybe it would have but there are many things that the new ZL1 has and the '13 GT500 doesnt, so itll take more than an A6 to make the '13 GT500 run a fast ring time.

The GT500 that ran 7:39 is just like the GT350R that ran 7:32, not verified. Would love to see Ford run these cars along with the Focus RS and new Ford GT though.

There is a member here in italy that has driven his GT500 in the nurb, must be scary as hell with 662hp and a sold rear.
Not verified!!!! The one for the ZL1 is verified by who GM? Unless there is some sanctioned body that is verifying all these ring times, that I'm not aware of they all fall into the same category.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Yeah, we must've collectively imagined all those Continental Tire Sports Car Championship wins the S197 collected over all the other IRS equipped race cars, most notably the world's track star Porsche 911. You'd think the "SRA cars can't handle" myth would be long dead by now, considering how pros and novices alike disprove it weekend after weekend.

blk02edge

Established Member

My point was that the 350R doesnt have an official time which I think you know as its been said who knows how many times. I would really like to see the zl1 on laguna seca and also with a 6 speed as an auto has no relevance to me.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My point was that the 350R doesnt have an official time which I think you know as its been said who knows how many times. I would really like to see the zl1 on laguna seca and also with a 6 speed as an auto has no relevance to me.

Why arent you crying about the ZL1's tire disadvantage?

Why are you not wanting to see the best performing ZL1 around laguna seca?

kaz109

Established Member

I am not a fan of the ZL1 or any GM car for that matter and most ppl on here know that but only wanting see the manual argument is dumb. It's like only wanting to see he car on all seasons and not performance tires. GT500 guys said the me think with the Hellcat A8 and now it will be one with the ZL1. Judge all cars at the peak of their performance and leave it at that.

blk02edge

Established Member
Why arent you crying about the ZL1's tire disadvantage?

Why are you not wanting to see the best performing ZL1 around laguna seca?

I would like to see the zl1 given the same tire as the gt350. You are just too much of a tool to understand that

Users who are viewing this thread