2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Explained

Kiohtee

Established Member
I thought the point of the demon was racing from a dig?

I’m only posting this up because realistically the demon driver is going to be an average putz not knowing how to launch the car. Lol, now I know why you want to talk about roll racing.

I said this before, I don’t care about Tesla’s or electric cars. And I definitely hate electric bikes. But The Tesla cars seem to improve and get faster every year. I still wouldn’t want one!

I get what @slow poke is saying, the demon has all these bad ass features and all these claims, a car specifically built to race 1/4 mile and roll race (probably). Only to get beat by awd cars who’s sole purpose isn’t 1/4 mile.

I respect the demon and think it’s ****ing awesome. A lot of money for a car that does only 1 thing good. So many choices these days for price of admission.

But you can't use dig racing in the street as your justification as to why the Demon is less than awesome. I guess technically you can, because America, but then Dodge and every other company/person with a fast car will fail against the Tesla on a street. Everybody uses a track as their basis for what a car can do. And there's a reason for that. Equals out the playing field.

The Tesla is literally the only car in the world that does what it does from a dig, on the street. Can't take that away from it for sure, but just look what happens when it races at an airport, from a stop, through the quarter against cars that trap 130-135+. It gets pulled on hard, and passed before the finish. Just watch MT's WGDR7 and pay attention to the would-be result if there was no trickery used.

helloWorld

Established Member
I'm starting to get the feeling you guys don't want me in your Dodge Demon super friend group :(

200-34.jpg

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I thought the point of the demon was racing from a dig?

I’m only posting this up because realistically the demon driver is going to be an average putz not knowing how to launch the car. Lol, now I know why you want to talk about roll racing.

I said this before, I don’t care about Tesla’s or electric cars. And I definitely hate electric bikes. But The Tesla cars seem to improve and get faster every year. I still wouldn’t want one!

I get what @slow poke is saying, the demon has all these bad ass features and all these claims, a car specifically built to race 1/4 mile and roll race (probably). Only to get beat by awd cars who’s sole purpose isn’t 1/4 mile.

I respect the demon and think it’s ****ing awesome. A lot of money for a car that does only 1 thing good. So many choices these days for price of admission.

That was the worst information posted in a video ever. Didn't know how much hp the CTSV made. They think it has a MYTHICAL 8sp, it doesn't. It has a 6L90. CTSV driver didn't even attempt a burnout, etc, etc. My CAI only V would've put up a better fight.

How do we know that a Demon with a burnout on the street couldn't hold it's own against a Tesla?

Zemedici

Established Member
That was the worst information posted in a video ever. Didn't know how much hp the CTSV made. They think it has a MYTHICAL 8sp, it doesn't. It has a 6L90. CTSV driver didn't even attempt a burnout, etc, etc. My CAI only V would've put up a better fight.

How do we know that a Demon with a burnout on the street couldn't hold it's own against a Tesla?

Lolol 'I know how a car that isn't even available yet will perform!'

Kiohtee

Established Member
I've yet to see any FWD/RWD car hold its own against a Tesla from a dig on the streets, and I've seen some 5.5-5.9-second 1/8th mile cars race one. That's all I'm saying.

It has been my experience that the faster you are on a track, the slower you are on the street (again, speaking only from a dig). But I wouldn't be too worried about dig racing on the streets anyway. Lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
You're absolutely right, we dont know. If you make the claim you gotta prove it, not the other way around.
Excited to find out what a heated up tire Demon can do against a p100d. and excited to see how it stacks up to the hard launching awd cars. It may or may not be a fair comparison, but the Demon has one purpose, I hope it lives up to it.

Zemedici

Established Member
You're absolutely right, we dont know. If you make the claim you gotta prove it, not the other way around.
Excited to find out what a heated up tire Demon can do against a p100d. and excited to see how it stacks up to the hard launching awd cars. It may or may not be a fair comparison, but the Demon has one purpose, I hope it lives up to it.

That one purpose is not street racing, so don't get your hopes up. Hahahahahahaha

slow poke

Established Member
I've yet to see any FWD/RWD car hold its own against a Tesla from a dig on the streets, and I've seen some 5.5-5.9-second 1/8th mile cars race one. That's all I'm saying

Please refer to page 8 of this thread for RWD car running a P100D from a dig on the street.

Not really a fan of any Tesla, I do like how they are advancing the tech though. Overall they seem pretty soul-less.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm no Tesla expert by any stretch but I keep hearing how the Demon is a one trick pony. How well does a Telsa stop, and handle. It should be fairly luxurious based on it's S class price point. The Demon for an extra two dollars will have a pass and rear seat. Capable of being heated and cooled, fronts. It has 4 pot Brembo's, touchscreen infotainment/hvac/uconnect. An electronically adjustable suspension.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I don’t care about Tesla’s, but they come with seats for free. I went to there website and can seat 7 when adding rear facing seats and top cap that all off can do self driving.
Yea a car that can do all of that and still out perform a one trick demon.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I don’t care about Tesla’s, but they come with seats for free. I went to there website and can seat 7 when adding rear facing seats and top cap that all off can do self driving.
Yea a car that can do all of that and still out perform a one trick demon.

So the $2 is going to break you? Using your logic a GT350R is a one trick pony? It sure isn't impressive in the 1/4, and lacks a back seat.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
My logic is a Tesla is beating a demon at its own game.

The demon is definitely a 1 trick pony, that title used to go to the 13 gt500 when the typical driver couldn’t get the car to mid 11s. Now that they built an all out street legal drag car with swapable drag strip parts what is your excuse when it gets beaten by a family sedan that not only weighs 600lbs more but has regular tires?

And yea a gt350r is a one trick for pony. The car can be driven in the 1/4 mile. who cares if it doesn’t do good there. They are still in high demand with good resale value. Let’s a demon on the road course, it will definitely do worse than a gt350r on the drag strip.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
My logic is a Tesla is beating a demon at its own game.

The demon is definitely a 1 trick pony, that title used to go to the 13 gt500 when the typical driver couldn’t get the car to mid 11s. Now that they built an all out street legal drag car with swapable drag strip parts what is your excuse when it gets beaten by a family sedan that not only weighs 600lbs more but has regular tires?

And yea a gt350r is a one trick for pony. The car can be driven in the 1/4 mile. who cares if it doesn’t do good there. They are still in high demand with good resale value. Let’s a demon on the road course, it will definitely do worse than a gt350r on the drag strip.

Has a Tesla beat a Demon?

A Demon could be run on a road course, just like a GT350 R can be ran on a 1/4. Both are not the strong suit of the vehicle. But your argument is the Demon is heavily flawed because it won't do the road course well, but it's ok that the R is slow by 2017 standards in the 1/4? Where's the roll eyes emoji when you need one. Like arguing with a liberal. They're both one trick pony's, just on opposite spectrums. The ZL1 is the well rounded vehicle.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Has a Tesla beat a Demon?

A Demon could be run on a road course, just like a GT350 R can be ran on a 1/4. Both are not the strong suit of the vehicle. But your argument is the Demon is heavily flawed because it won't do the road course well, but it's ok that the R is slow by 2017 standards in the 1/4? Where's the roll eyes emoji when you need one. Like arguing with a liberal. They're both one trick pony's, just on opposite spectrums. The ZL1 is the well rounded vehicle.
Nobody is talking about the GT350R or ZL1, you sound like a liberal tossing things into this argument.

Has a demon beat a p100d? Still waiting on the day a Demon can beat these awd monsters on the street. After all it is street legal, just need to swap tires and warm up them right?

I thought about that earlier, that is pretty damn cool with how big of a car the challenger is, you can stuff the tires in the trunk (im assuming you can fold rear seats?) have all 4 wheels/tires packed and a jack to do the tire change. That is pretty cool. I hope to see one in Sonoma on one of these wednesday nights.

blk02edge

Established Member
Nobody is talking about the GT350R or ZL1, you sound like a liberal tossing things into this argument.

Has a demon beat a p100d? Still waiting on the day a Demon can beat these awd monsters on the street. After all it is street legal, just need to swap tires and warm up them right?

I thought about that earlier, that is pretty damn cool with how big of a car the challenger is, you can stuff the tires in the trunk (im assuming you can fold rear seats?) have all 4 wheels/tires packed and a jack to do the tire change. That is pretty cool. I hope to see one in Sonoma on one of these wednesday nights.
Well what's the fastest p100d 1/4 mile?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Answeres prob on YouTube, but rethinking all this and it’s actually the Tesla that’s a one trick pony when it comes to performance.
Don’t want to derail this thread anymore.

Does anyone know how many demons will be built?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
3,300 Demons being produced as I recall.

Come to think of it, I have a coworker with a P100D. All I need is a half-mile long street I can get closed for an hour...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ben are they all sold out? Did you have to get rid of a car to get the demon, if so what car was it?

Btw, have you visited the Canepa facility in Scott’s valley? Fricken awesome place.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member

4 tires? It has the drag radials stock already. Just have to swap the fronts for the optional skinnies.

Users who are viewing this thread