2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Explained

nickf2005

Established Member
Nice Snakey! I was looking for the vids of it beating all those cars but couldn't find them, I'm not too intelligent or that good at Google.

Can you post the videos here?

Thanks Buddy!

Obvious troll is indeed obvious. +1 for the ban hammer - this poster has negative value for the board.

Am I the only one here that sees the irony? :)

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Nice Snakey! I was looking for the vids of it beating all those cars but couldn't find them, I'm not too intelligent or that good at Google.

Thanks Buddy!

What I'm gathering is that he wants to see a video of the actual cars lining up at the track and the Demon beating the super cars that he jerks it to.

The manufacturer times isn't good enough for him.

Oh no! How do I redeem myself guys?????

You could start by shutting up.

Kiohtee

Established Member

Thanks Buddy!

Obvious troll is indeed obvious. +1 for the ban hammer - this poster has negative value for the board.

Am I the only one here that sees the irony? :)

Absolutely not the only one.

@treynor, make this guys Google disappear like his brain?

nickf2005

Established Member
Absolutely not the only one.

What's funny, is that I don't think Hokey Pokey gets it.

I am very interested to see what these things run with Average Joe at the wheel on a chilly fall night. Will be fun for the owners. Dodge put has put a good foot forward.

Kiohtee

Established Member

I am very interested to see what these things run with Average Joe at the wheel on a chilly fall night. Will be fun for the owners. Dodge put has put a good foot forward.

That's the bad side to any 9-second car, not just the Demon. It takes more than the average Joe to run 9s in anything. Even in an automatic and in chilly air.

Zemedici

Established Member

It'll be same as the hellcats, LOT of slow passes, with a few guys that actually know how to drive in there as well. I think it'll run low - mid 10s all day, and with good driver / track be into the 9s.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
GT, could be a lot of factors. I don't know them all but the compared to the other cars the Demon is 1000lbs heavier, produces insane torque down low, and may have a launch control system that doesn't assist as much and requires more tuned driver input. Weight distribution could also be a factor.

If you read about the car it has a lot of tech to help transfer the weight to the rear. The front struts are active. It also has a transbrake. If you know what that is.....And it traps 140. So the Tesla may give it a hell of a run, but it's eventually going to blow by the Telsa like someone dropped an anchor.

It'll be same as the hellcats, LOT of slow passes, with a few guys that actually know how to drive in there as well. I think it'll run low - mid 10s all day, and with good driver / track be into the 9s.

I'll eventually take my barge to the strip. I feel mid 11's on a true street tire are doable. I have 555r's waiting on dedicated rims, hopefully low 11's with a tire. Then you'll pulley and tune it for me and I'll run 10's all day in 4 door comfort?

Zemedici

Established Member
If you read about the car it has a lot of tech to help transfer the weight to the rear. The front struts are active. It also has a transbrake. If you know what that is.....And it traps 140. So the Tesla may give it a hell of a run, but it's eventually going to blow by the Telsa like someone dropped an anchor.

I'll eventually take my barge to the strip. I feel mid 11's on a true street tire are doable. I have 555r's waiting on dedicated rims, hopefully low 11's with a tire. Then you'll pulley and tune it for me and I'll run 10's all day in 4 door comfort?

Correctamundo, senor. Low mid 10s all day

gofast15

Established Member
This is probably what @slow poke is talking about:

no way that has to be fake . Damon is way faster then this 1000hp CTS-V . Damon is the new king of the dig , it has magic suspension and transbrake so it will rape P100D Tesla on the street from a dig

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

I saw a Challenger Hellcat pull a 22.xx time at the track a few weeks ago. He literally smoked the tires to half track then just kinda went part throttle the rest of the way.

Zemedici

Established Member
I saw a Challenger Hellcat pull a 22.xx time at the track a few weeks ago. He literally smoked the tires to half track then just kinda went part throttle the rest of the way.

See, everyone believes going fast in an automatic is always just slamming the skinny pedal, no feathering or adjustments necessary. And that's not always the case. More to going fast than just horsepower, it's not a GTR ;)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
This is probably what @slow poke is talking about:

so Does the Caddy have 850 hp or 1000? Tell me more about the mythical 8spd auto it has? What bigger blower? Not that many with blower swaps. Has big DR's but doesn't do any kind of burnout to heat them up? How much fail is in this vid? I'd guess the CTSV's number to be closer to 650 at the wheels. If it was a 1000 or even 850 from a roll he would've put counties on the Tesla.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Like I've been saying; the performance-oriented Tesla's, particularly the P100D, is a force to be reckoned with from a dig. On the street or the strip. No conventional vehicle with power stands a chance against one on the street, from a dig, regardless of tire.

However, look at the vast difference in outcome when instant traction is taken out of the equation. The CTS-V was entering a different zip code! Even the 5.0 would have stood a chance from the 30 roll if the guy was in the right gear. Had that made him spin, though, it's a moot point regardless.

I will say this. If I was in the market for a $100-150K car that was geared more toward the track but still had to be fully functioning, have amenities, etc., I'd be in a P100D before anything else. If just for the consistency and ease of driving alone.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
so Does the Caddy have 850 hp or 1000? Tell me more about the mythical 8spd auto it has? What bigger blower? Not that many with blower swaps. Has big DR's but doesn't do any kind of burnout to heat them up? How much fail is in this vid? I'd guess the CTSV's number to be closer to 650 at the wheels. If it was a 1000 or even 850 from a roll he would've put counties on the Tesla.
I thought the point of the demon was racing from a dig?

I’m only posting this up because realistically the demon driver is going to be an average putz not knowing how to launch the car. Lol, now I know why you want to talk about roll racing.

I said this before, I don’t care about Tesla’s or electric cars. And I definitely hate electric bikes. But The Tesla cars seem to improve and get faster every year. I still wouldn’t want one!

I get what @slow poke is saying, the demon has all these bad ass features and all these claims, a car specifically built to race 1/4 mile and roll race (probably). Only to get beat by awd cars who’s sole purpose isn’t 1/4 mile.

I respect the demon and think it’s ****ing awesome. A lot of money for a car that does only 1 thing good. So many choices these days for price of admission.

Users who are viewing this thread