2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Explained

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I am impressed with my wife's new Ford Edge Sport! It's a crossover SUV, and it has 315 horsepower! Unreal! It hauls the kids with ease. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_Snake_

Established Member
There's been boosted 5.0's and Terminators running 10's and 9's for awhile now. Even c6z's have been doing this, so you know I am not a brand loyalist although I do prefer Fords because that's what I like obviously on an SVT forum... Who knew? Sure they do not come from the factory like this, but it's not some impossible feat to get a big boosted v8 to run a decent 1/4mi. Hell, even my twin turbo Audi s4 with a 2.7l v6 traps almost 130 in the quarter and I can still take it to the road course and it does even better there too. I like cars that can do more than one thing great, that's all. And yes, I am 100% a car guy lol. Agree to disagree.

I can appreciate your perspective. I had a Procharged Boss and currently have a B8 S4, both of which do many things extremely well.

Zemedici

Established Member
And then people get them and they run 11's. LOL

That's because most people think to go fast in an auto is just slamming the skinny pedal, no driving involved, and anyone can click off fast times in an auto.

All of which are wrong. Hahahaha

Zemedici

Established Member
There's been boosted 5.0's and Terminators running 10's and 9's for awhile now. Even c6z's have been doing this, so you know I am not a brand loyalist although I do prefer Fords because that's what I like obviously on an SVT forum... Who knew? Sure they do not come from the factory like this, but it's not some impossible feat to get a big boosted v8 to run a decent 1/4mi. Hell, even my twin turbo Audi s4 with a 2.7l v6 traps almost 130 in the quarter and I can still take it to the road course and it does even better there too. I like cars that can do more than one thing great, that's all. And yes, I am 100% a car guy lol. Agree to disagree.

There was so much broken logic in this post where to begin

Dude what? You're reason for not a brand loyalist is because fast corvettes exist?

And I would love to see a factory corvette or mustang that runs 9s. Of course terminators 'have been running 10s and 9s for a while now', they've been out 15 years. The demon is a brand new 2018 car.

And The demon is a one trick pony, and it demolishes the competition in that category.

But I don't remember the last time I saw a challenger at the road course, are they at your tracks?

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Demon has a good ways to go against my cobra jet. I know mine isn't street legal but it's a stock 2012 factory production car. And it will stomp the shit out of the demon. I dare you to argue that.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Demon has a good ways to go against my cobra jet. I know mine isn't street legal but it's a stock 2012 factory production car. And it will stomp the shit out of the demon. I dare you to argue that.

Every definition of production car that I can find dictates that it be street legal. Again, street legal. What about a warranty to boot?

Bet a Demon could drive coast to coast legally. Dare you to argue that.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
I drove mine in the hotrod power tour 2015 from Austin to okc and I live in Tulsa. Then used it all weekend for the mid America shelby event in Tulsa.
No need to dare me. It's a car. And I'm not afraid to drive it. That demon will need the warranty for sure. I've had no need for one.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Point is the demon is a joke. When dodge builds a real car they will earn my respect. Until then. There all junk.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I drove mine in the hotrod power tour 2015 from Austin to okc and I live in Tulsa. Then used it all weekend for the mid America shelby event in Tulsa.
No need to dare me. It's a car. And I'm not afraid to drive it. That demon will need the warranty for sure. I've had no need for one.

I found the salt in the sea guys!

Your Cobra Jet, as quick and as fast as it is, isn't street legal and wouldn't make for a good street car regardless of your personal feelings. The Demon is a fast, street legal car with a warranty and costs around the same as a Cobra Jet.

Sorry you can't handle that Dodge is winning the muscle car game (from the factory) right now.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I found the salt in the sea guys!

Your Cobra Jet, as quick and as fast as it is, isn't street legal and wouldn't make for a good street car regardless of your personal feelings. The Demon is a fast, street legal car with a warranty and costs around the same as a Cobra Jet.

Sorry you can't handle that Dodge is winning the muscle car game (from the factory) right now.

Dodge is shitting all over ford and gm. Never thought I would say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightningLou

Established Member
I can appreciate your perspective. I had a Procharged Boss and currently have a B8 S4, both of which do many things extremely well.

You know what I'm talking about man. Those B8 S4's are beautiful cars and amazingly quick with only a few bolt ons. Can't wait to see what the B9's will do once tuned.

There was so much broken logic in this post where to begin

Dude what? You're reason for not a brand loyalist is because fast corvettes exist?

And I would love to see a factory corvette or mustang that runs 9s. Of course terminators 'have been running 10s and 9s for a while now', they've been out 15 years. The demon is a brand new 2018 car.

And The demon is a one trick pony, and it demolishes the competition in that category.

But I don't remember the last time I saw a challenger at the road course, are they at your tracks?

Dude, you are completely missing my point here so stop wasting your breath. Yeah, the Demon is one trick pony. Can't wait to see one run 9's right off the lot.

slow poke

Established Member
Where are the actually times for this thing? All the YouTube videos I saw of it running don't show times.

Zemedici

Established Member
You know what I'm talking about man. Those B8 S4's are beautiful cars and amazingly quick with only a few bolt ons. Can't wait to see what the B9's will do once tuned.

Dude, you are completely missing my point here so stop wasting your breath. Yeah, the Demon is one trick pony. Can't wait to see one run 9's right off the lot.

what is your point? You're upset that a 4500lb Challenger isn't nimble around the road course?

Again, this is DODGE we're talking about. Charger, Challenger, Magnum, none of which is akin to 'corner carver'. If you want a car that's quick around a road course, don't look at Dodges.

Its like me calling the new M3 stupid because it doesn't rip off a 10.0 sec stock 1/4 mile time. Not what it was built for.....

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Oh, the butthurt in here. Yep, the fastest production car in history is a joke. Give me a break. Don't call yourself car guys because you're not, you're whiny women that can't afford this steal of a car. You're lucky I'm not a mod, you'd be banned. SRT went after ONE part of the market and they're DOMINATING IT. SRT Demon, SRT Charger, SRT Trailhawk, SRT Durango, and SRT Viper (when she was alive)...yea, junk; all of them. I'm a Ford guy and have been all my life because both my grandfathers worked there and I see clearly that SRT has CRUSHED the muscle vehicle market. If you don't see that you're a fanboy PERIOD.

Last edited:

slow poke

Established Member
Pretty sure Dodge did a hero run after 1000 passes to get a 9.65.

The car needs absolutely perfect conditions to run that time. You guys say launching a car with rear wheel drive and an auto is still extremely difficult. How come any McLaren is super consistent and not insanely difficult to launch at the strip then.

This car has been marketed as the quickest production car. It's not and I'll bet it will never win a head to head against say a 720s.

The car should have had a 1000hp and ran 9.9x on street tires and pump 93, straight from the factory at most drag strips across the US with fairly favorable conditions and novice drivers. That would have been a true win.

Best marketing ever for a muscle car that is a hellcat with flares, 315s, and few more ponies on pump gas.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh, the butthurt in here. Yep, the fastest production car in history is a joke. Give me a break. Don't call yourself car guys because you're not, you're whiny women that can't afford this steal of a car. You're lucky I'm not a mod, you'd be banned. SRT went after ONE part of the market and they're DOMINATING IT. SRT Demon, SRT Charger, SRT Trailhawk, SRT Viper (when she was alive)...yea, junk; all of them. I'm a Ford guy and have been all my life because both my grandfathers worked there and I see clearly that SRT has CRUSHED the muscle vehicle market. If you don't see that you're a fanboy PERIOD.
I would also add,........SRT Durango and SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee. (I know you mentioned the Trailhawk, but the 2 are totally different.)

LightningLou

Established Member
what is your point? You're upset that a 4500lb Challenger isn't nimble around the road course?

Again, this is DODGE we're talking about. Charger, Challenger, Magnum, none of which is akin to 'corner carver'. If you want a car that's quick around a road course, don't look at Dodges.

Its like me calling the new M3 stupid because it doesn't rip off a 10.0 sec stock 1/4 mile time. Not what it was built for.....

I completely understand where Dodge is coming from with this car and the niche market they are targeting. My whole point is that in that promo video they act like this was some impossible engineering feat building a car consisting of a huge 6.2L V8 with a large supercharger and a 8-speed automatic transmission that has huge tq #'s and does great down a drag strip. The reason other manufacturers have not done this sooner is because there is very little market for a single purpose vehicle like so and I guarantee you the warranty is not going to cover much of anything, especially when they inspect the wheel wells and see lots of little rubber pieces melted on the fender liners. Besides which, do you really believe this 4500lb vehicle will run 9's on 93 octane pump gas and stock tires? Maybe I'm just being skeptical, but I really do not see that happening. For one, the car in that video looks like it had slicks and skinnies at the drag strip. I can appreciate this car for what it is which is just a drag queen. I guess I just look for more in a vehicle these days and want something with a little more practicality and all around performance, that's all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread