2018 Goals and Resolutions

allister

Established Member
Anybody else set resolutions or goals for the new year? My 2017 goal was no more fast food, and to my surprise it was much easier than I thought it would be (Chipotle doesn't count!).

For 2018 my goal is to meal plan and set weekly agendas, including going to the gym 3x a week, no exceptions. I am really bad at putting things off and sleeping in, not getting all the things done that I'd like to or am capable of doing so I am going to make a plan every week for that week, stick to it and get things done.

Anyone else??

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Less blow and more hookers.

But really. Just trying to stay on track with going to the gym. 4 months strong but can feel myself fading off.

GodStang

Established Member
Get out of debt. In April we owned 3 houses. None bringing in money. A lot of money spent fixing up the Foreclosure we now live in. Jan 5th will be down to owning one house and one house payment. Time to start paying off all debt but the house.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Anybody else set resolutions or goals for the new year? My 2017 goal was no more fast food, and to my surprise it was much easier than I thought it would be (Chipotle doesn't count!).

For 2018 my goal is to meal plan and set weekly agendas, including going to the gym 3x a week, no exceptions. I am really bad at putting things off and sleeping in, not getting all the things done that I'd like to or am capable of doing so I am going to make a plan every week for that week, stick to it and get things done.

Anyone else??

I like having a list of things I need to do so I don't forget something after getting distracted by other stuff. I've been using the "Any do" app to keep track of my to-do's.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Shoot more. Two days a week at the range for me, and at least two days a month at the range with each of my sons. (they are out of town)

Continue to drive my Cobra eggresiously fast without getting tickets.

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
More adventures with my wife (traveling, boating, sightseeing, etc) before children come and my paycheck is no longer mine.

96dreamer

Established Member
Bring my bench /dead /squat total to over 1500.lbs. Also get another truck. Jeep blew its motor on Christmas and I'm not willing to get the cobra out in the snow

Last edited:

Established Member
Get back at least in good enough shape to run a 1/2 marathon, and learn to be a good public speaker. Dog took out my knee in February, and rehab took longer and i didn't really stay properly committed to it. I don't speak too well in front of large groups, and that has to improve.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Quit smoking (again). Though Im frankly ready to quit.

Cut out soda and fast food. Bring lunch to work.

Set and enforce an 11pm bedtime on myself. I attribute feeling tired throughout the day as much to my poor eating as I do my failure to get proper rest.

Save for and install a bigger blower on my Scarlett. wee!

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Replace my broken block and finish the transmission swap.

...oh yeah, and lose weight, quit smoking crack, etc.

allister

Established Member
Quit smoking (again). Though Im frankly ready to quit.

My mom has smoked all her life, she's 59 and just quit finally a couple months ago. I thought I'd share what helped her in case it would help you or anyone else. She went to her doctor and started taking Butrin, which takes the edge off her cravings. She got a 3 months supply of it and told me she was going to try to not take it after 3 months, but I convinced her to refill the prescription and if anything, slowly ween herself off of it. She also chews nicorette when she would normally smoke to help with the habit.

Also it helped her to keep 1 pack of cigarettes on hand. She tried smoking them until they were all gone, but the thought of not having any, even if she wanted one drove her completely crazy. So after her last cigarette she bought one last pack, keeps it in her purse and it keeps her sane just knowing it's there if she wants it. I had never heard of such a thing and thought that was interesting.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
1AD220DA-9BB3-4B8D-AE7D-2196AF270578.jpeg

Gravik

Established Member
9 minute 1.5 mile run

Land my dream job

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

usafimj

Established Member
1. Study my ass off and hope I get promoted to E-7 (USAF).
2. Stick to budgeting and saving for several things throughout the year.
3. Usual get back into shape.
4. Improve marriage. Its good but can be better

Users who are viewing this thread