2020 gt500 final expectations before release

GodStang

Established Member
I’d like to pick up a used one in 2-3 years and convert it to turbo

I was sadden with all the Ecoboosts out there they did not take this opportunity to do a GT500 Ecoboost V8. 750 street then a second key for 850 (key activates tune for added boost). Aftermarket hits and 25% of them would be in the 4 digits.

With as long as this takes if they don't hit 800 they will be a joke by the time it hits the streets.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
With as long as this takes if they don't hit 800 they will be a joke by the time it hits the streets.

I think you’re going to be sorely disappointed then.

It’s going to slot in (power wise) between a new ZR1 and a RedEye, with quarter mile times probably in reverse order of power.

blk02edge

Established Member
I thought something was off, I looked quickly.. That seems like a fair price.. My 2011 GT500 would have to go, but for that it would be worth it.
How much are they going for in your area? Im honestly shocked this one is still around. Most others are listed 20-30k higher

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I can understand the disappointment if it’s not turbo or 800hp stock, but I will say the 5.2/TVS2650 is a very stout combo and will easily make 4 digits if the rotating parts are there.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’m happy they went sc to be honest.

Factory turbo muscle may not happen this gen, but next gen is a possibility I hope.

I’m happy this car is factory sc so that it can be the book ends for factory sc muscle. 03 cobra (well, lightning) to 21/22 gt500 would be a nice 18-20 year history of starting the trend and evolving the entire industry to its finale.

Dodge is going to have a phenomenal mention, the challenger has really come the distance. A scatpack widebody can actually handle very competently, a hellcat is very quick, a hellcat redeye widebody is fast, and the demon is in th 9’s in some conditions.

But back to ford, they started this and I like seeing them finish it without changing the recipe too much.

Plus half the fun of a build is changing parts so let us aftermarket junkies tinker.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Can somebody please guess something with an 8xx HP something or other and be right? I know the writing is already on the wall for a 700 something horsepower car, but it would be o so nice to have that number start with an 8! It’s more psychological at this point, but it will be very annoying when the Mopar guys degrade the new GT500 because it doesn’t even have as much horsepower as the new RedEye, let alone the Demon. I know I know the GT500 is not going to be a straight line only car like the Demon, but damn it in this day and age 700 anything horsepower is yesterday’s news. Plus how in the world is Ford going to keep up if they start using the new Hellaphant motor?!!! C’mon Ford!!!! I know you can do it! You gave us more than expected with the 13-14 GT500’s, which was then diminished by Dodge’s 707, but knowing you would eventually one up that number kept the Ford faithful loyal. We all know you have your work cut out for you, but we also know it can be done. Please deliver!!!!!

Hellephant is aftermarket use only. It has not been submitted for EPA or CARB certification. It is a HELL of a shot in the arm for old and tired Mopar cars and trucks.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I never compare Vettes to Mustangs, different classes and Vette should always be a few hundred lighter.
I do see the 755hp TVS2650 on the ZR1s 6.2 as the bogey for the 5.2/2650 combo in the GT500. Same or more power just a 1000rpm higher. I'd prefer the DCT for pulling 7500-8000rpm shifts.
-J

TFStang

Established Member
Hellephant is aftermarket use only. It has not been submitted for EPA or CARB certification. It is a HELL of a shot in the arm for old and tired Mopar cars and trucks.

Understood, but there is already chatter that a 900 horsepower version may be going into a production car. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit as FCA has really stepped up their game over the last few years.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
What are we talking about again?...
oh yeah.. we’ve been waiting so long I almost forgot.
At this point no matter how impressive the numbers, I think Ford has lost me for a while. This cat and mouse game is a bunch of BS!

Dusten

Established Member
What are we talking about again?...
oh yeah.. we’ve been waiting so long I almost forgot.
At this point no matter how impressive the numbers, I think Ford has lost me for a while. This cat and mouse game is a bunch of BS!
What cat and mouse?

Ford let out like two teasers.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Last GT500 was 2014.
Next GT500 is 2020.

How is that 4 years? Asking for a friend.

2+0+1+4= 7.
2+0+2+0= 4.

7-4=3.

3+1= 4.

4 years because 3 math years and 1 Internet year = 4 years.

Or in reverse, 7+4=11. 1+1=2. 2*2=4.

2 matrix years multiplied or added by or with 2 internet years = 4.

It’s entry algebra.

Users who are viewing this thread