2020 GT500 vs. 2019 ZR1 ...Roll Race

fearthesnake

Established Member
In before "ohhhhh he got walked bruh!"
Tired of these long ass videos for 2 minutes of content. Both cars a beast though, I'd love to have either. Still waiting for some videos of blower swapped 03-04 running the new snake or a 13/14. Guessing the DCT would hurt feelings. Wont pull in the views I guess.

P.S. is the dude ZR1 actually wearing some New Balance?
03-04 blower swap vids against 13-14s? Where you been the last 5 years? Been many over the years.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
03-04 blower swap vids against 13-14s? Where you been the last 5 years? Been many over the years.

Guess I worded that wrong. I meant I'd like to see some big blower 2003-2014 Cobras/GT500 running the 2020 GT500. See how much HP it'd take to be in the ball park.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It will take them and extra 80-100 RWHP to be competitive. The DCT is the 500s saving grace. DCT is a HUGE advantage for that car. It’s the game changer. Just like the GTRs tranny is/was.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Two identical ZR1's pull up to the line and are ready to race. Moments before either car hits the gas, this woman climbs into/onto the passenger seat of one of the cars...
View attachment 1634923

Think it'd be close?

75-EF74-BD-0-A10-4962-8-EDE-17-A409533913.gif

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
It will take them and extra 80-100 RWHP to be competitive. The DCT is the 500s saving grace. DCT is a HUGE advantage for that car. It’s the game changer. Just like the GTRs tranny is/was.
Lets not forget this 5.2 smaller displacement vs the 6.2 Z is a beast, it takes some minor modifications to hit 900+ whp without breaking the bank. And as it stands now this DCT seems limitless around that power.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lets not forget this 5.2 smaller displacement vs the 6.2 Z is a beast, it takes some minor modifications to hit 900+ whp without breaking the bank. And as it stands now this DCT seems limitless around that power.

Thank God mods are cheap due to the cheap Coyote architecture because the bank was broke in half on initial purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Stangmode traps 132-134.xxx call it 135. He has res deletes, and the lid pulled. No tune. Let’s assume 700whp.

An 03 cobra doesn’t need 700whp to trap 135. It does need comparatively waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more parts and competent build to do so reliably, and also have anything close to the same all around capability as a predator.

That said, an 03 cobra won’t even trap 130 with 700whp unless you do clutch, dyno tune, blower swap or turbo or nitrous, build or swap the rear, cooling mods, trans work basically rebuild stronger, racegas tune recommended, full return fuel system, oil system mods, drag radials or r888’s at a minimum. Don’t forget tensioner, belt setups, exhaust work, likely headers ceramic or jet hot coated to keep engine bay temps down, handheld programmer to swap tunes, gauges to know what the **** is going on, etc.

Then to try and have a well rounded trackable car, go ahead and throw a full front suspension from MM or Steeda or Griggs upfront and complement their respective rear kit with an FTBR irs kit, go ahead and get 18”+ light weight 19-20~lbs wheels, sticky front tires in a 285, 305+ reads, proper offsets, shaved it’s bolts, all new shocks front and rear, sway bars too, to help handling, and a 14” 4p or 6p brake kit up front with revised knuckles or at least a brakeman kit, redo entire rear brake system, brake cooling ducts, oil cooler custom, diff cooler custom, swap the Eaton diff for a fragile auburn and drive easy, or run a Detroit trutrac and Parnelli Jones it to rotate during lock, etc

Or buy a stock handling pack 2020 gt500, pull the lid, cut out the resonators, and install the handling pack goodies.

It’s easy to see why the right 03 cobra has yet to pull on a 2020 gt500, but mild basically stock 2020 gt500’s are hanging out with the heavy hitters well.

My 03 build is all done up save a big brake kit, and with 813whp on pump, I can trap low 140’s at 4500ft. Maybe a mid to high 140 in a perfect run.

Considering a 2020 gt500 needs a tune, lid removed, resonators pulled, and e85 to do the same, that’s damn impressive to me.

I don’t know what the Chevy world needs for 145-150 trap speeds, but I’m certainly content with fords predator setup

Users who are viewing this thread