2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP wing-trunk lid corrosion problem fix! (video)

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
In this video, I disassemble my 2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP wing and mounts to discover a problem affecting the track pack cars. These cars have an issue where water is being trapped against bare metal. If this isn't corrected, corrosion will result. I show my solution to this looming problem.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Nice video, nicer garage. The wing is dealer installed if I remember correctly so some could be better done than others but it’s an easy fix if not. Car is looking very good but personally I would be a little frustrated having to fix stuff like this on my brand new $80k car.

Goose17

Established Member
Nice video, nicer garage. The wing is dealer installed if I remember correctly so some could be better done than others but it’s an easy fix if not. Car is looking very good but personally I would be a little frustrated having to fix stuff like this on my brand new $80k car.
Thank you sir!

The wing is installed by Ford at the end of the production line along with the CF wheels.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Thank you sir!

The wing is installed by Ford at the end of the production line along with the CF wheels.

I stand corrected yet now I feel even more disappointed with Ford that they didn’t do a more appropriate install.

Lots of beautiful cars in that garage. What do you do, draw a random number when you wake up to figure out which one to pimp for the day? I feel like I would waste so much time trying to figure out what driving experience I wanted every time I went out.

Goose17

Established Member
I stand corrected yet now I feel even more disappointed with Ford that they didn’t do a more appropriate install.

Lots of beautiful cars in that garage. What do you do, draw a random number when you wake up to figure out which one to pimp for the day? I feel like I would waste so much time trying to figure out what driving experience I wanted every time I went out.
Not all of the cars are drivers. My non-drivers are the 500 mile 04 Mystichrome Terminator vert, 400 mile 96 Mystic and 140 mile 94 Cobra Indy 500 vert. The 2000 Cobra R and 93 Teal Metallic Cobras get driven sparingly-occasionally. The 95 “two-top” Cobra convertible comes out when I want to drive a vert. The Whippled 2011 GT500 has seen a lot of road time, but it has taken a back seat with the 2020 GT500 CFTP in the arsenal now.

As for the issues that came on the 2020, this wing mount issue and the intensive paint correction that was needed definitely could have been better, but I worked through the problems and they are all good now.

Goose17

Established Member
I ended up with quite a few comments that the rear deck lid was aluminum and would not corrode. Here is a follow-up short video:

Users who are viewing this thread