2022 Still in Love!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
So Mr. @Norton. Its 80 degree's and sunny and your foot is feeling alittle heavy & frisky..... what rolls off the rack first :unsure:?
Depends on whether I'm headed to a car-specific event, in which case, it's the car for that event. If not, I currently lean toward the C7Z. It's usually on the bottom because the Shelby fits better on the lift than the Vette's widebody. More importantly, the Shelby has seven more years worth of miles, or over 6 times the mileage, on her.

Inferring your underlying question, both cars are a blast to drive. The Shelby sports over 150 more HP and provides the classic muscle car feeling of raw power. While less powerful, the Vette is considerably lighter. She also has a lower center of gravity, wider wheels/tires, and wider stance, all helping her put power to the ground and handle some of the mountain twists & turns a little better.

Choosing between them is one of my favorite first-world problems. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention both cars have great exhaust notes and good supercharger whine, both of which I enjoy. The Shelby gets the nod on both counts, however. (In their weaker moments, many of the Vette owners I know admit Ford nailed both things better than Chevy did.)

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on whether I'm headed to a car-specific event, in which case, it's the car for that event. If not, I currently lean toward the C7Z. It's usually on the bottom because the Shelby fits better on the lift than the Vette's widebody. More importantly, the Shelby has seven more years worth of miles, or over 6 times the mileage, on her.

Inferring your underlying question, both cars are a blast to drive. The Shelby sports over 150 more HP and provides the classic muscle car feeling of raw power. While less powerful, the Vette is considerably lighter. She also has a lower center of gravity, wider wheels/tires, and wider stance, all helping her put power to the ground and handle some of the mountain twists & turns a little better.

Both your cars are absolutely beautiful........choosing which will go out on any given day is a good problem to have.....(y)

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

EDIT: Forgot to mention both cars have great exhaust notes and good supercharger whine, both of which I enjoy. The Shelby gets the nod on both counts, however. (In their weaker moments, many of the Vette owners I know admit Ford nailed both things better than Chevy did.)
I strongly agree with your edit.......Hands down!! Before I bought my 2013 SS I was looking hard @ 2019 Corvette ZR1. The SS just won me over and I have absolutely no regrets! Two different animals but the SS is as raw as it gets!

Users who are viewing this thread