2022 Still in Love!

LS WUT

Established Member
B6DE06A0-BD95-49F8-9FFF-A7182D252DD4.jpeg

efurlong

Established Member
Purchased my 13 in November of 14. Previously owned quite a few SVT vehicles...including a 2005 Ford GT. Honestly - I get more smiles from my 13 GT500 than any vehicle I've ever owned. It's got basic bolt ons...such as 373's, TB, pulley, tune. What a ride! Can't imagine a replacement...there's nothing as satisfying.Vert 1.jpg

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Norton, what is the other car? I cant remember if you got a 2020 or not.
It's a 2019 Z06. I'm not a fan of the C8's appearance and definitely couldn't abide it's removal of third pedal in favor of a DCT. (n)

I like to think of it as having the best of both the Blue Oval and Bowtie worlds, with a combined total of six pedals controlling almost 1500RWHP... (y)
20200807_163836.jpg

Last edited:

RockChalk

Established Member
No plans to part with mine either, though she and her stablemate are currently tucked away for their long winter naps...

170MPH @ the Colorado Mile
View attachment 1735670

View attachment 1735671
Alibi, do those car lifts fit a standard garage height? What is the height limit and how close do the garage door brackets get to the top of the car parked on top?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Alibi, do those car lifts fit a standard garage height? What is the height limit and how close do the garage door brackets get to the top of the car parked on top?
There are two primary purposes for a lift - maintenance and storage. 2-post lifts are better-suited to maintenance, but require bolting to the floor and a bit more care in positioning vehicles. Depending on to whom you speak, they're not well-suited to storage because the suspension hangs fully extended. 4-post lifts are better-suited to storage and don't require bolting to the floor. Maintenance is less convenient, but possible with the addition of a rolling/sliding jack to lift the car off the runways.

For reference, my ceiling is ~11.5’ tall and permits comfortable stacking of two cars, with a couple of feet between them. With that in mind, I estimate the minimum height required to stack is about 10’. FWIW, the bay in which I installed mine is about 20' deep and 10' wide, which I'd consider minimum dimensions. Note also that lifts vary in size and mine is one of the best-suited to smaller spaces. Let me know if I can answer additional questions...

RockChalk

Established Member
There are two primary purposes for a lift - maintenance and storage. 2-post lifts are better-suited to maintenance, but require bolting to the floor and a bit more care in positioning vehicles. Depending on to whom you speak, they're not well-suited to storage because the suspension hangs fully extended. 4-post lifts are better-suited to storage and don't require bolting to the floor. Maintenance is less convenient, but possible with the addition of a rolling/sliding jack to lift the car off the runways.

For reference, my ceiling is ~11.5’ tall and permits comfortable stacking of two cars, with a couple of feet between them. With that in mind, I estimate the minimum height required to stack is about 10’. FWIW, the bay in which I installed mine is about 20' deep and 10' wide, which I'd consider minimum dimensions. Note also that lifts vary in size and mine is one of the best-suited to smaller spaces. Let me know if I can answer additional questions...
That is very helpful. We bought our house new in the Fall of 2019. The builder designed them to allow for parking a full size F-150 inside and on one half of the garage. So depth-wise we are good. We can park our 4Runner with 3 feet infant and a couple feet behind it with the garage door closed. The height to the ceiling is pretty high, but I would need to measure. I worry about the brackets and all that stuff that hangs from the ceiling to hold the garage door... not being in the way of a potential 4-post lift. Not worried about maintenance as much. Much more for storage. Thank you for the info! What brand 4-post lift do you have?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
That is very helpful. We bought our house new in the Fall of 2019. The builder designed them to allow for parking a full size F-150 inside and on one half of the garage. So depth-wise we are good. We can park our 4Runner with 3 feet infant and a couple feet behind it with the garage door closed. The height to the ceiling is pretty high, but I would need to measure. I worry about the brackets and all that stuff that hangs from the ceiling to hold the garage door... not being in the way of a potential 4-post lift. Not worried about maintenance as much. Much more for storage. Thank you for the info! What brand 4-post lift do you have?
Sent you a PM, to let @svt662's thread get back on-track.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a 2019 Z06. I'm not a fan of the C8's appearance and definitely couldn't abide it's removal of third pedal in favor of a DCT. (n)

I like to think of it as having the best of both the Blue Oval and Bowtie worlds, with a combined total of six pedals controlling almost 1500RWHP... (y)
View attachment 1735700
So Mr. @Norton. Its 80 degree's and sunny and your foot is feeling alittle heavy & frisky..... what rolls off the rack first :unsure:?

Users who are viewing this thread