$240k in Marijuana sized...

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
This was right down the street from me....what the heck, how did I not know they were there:fart:

Deputies Seize More Than $230K In Pot Plants
1,197 Marijuana Plants Found In Travelers Rest

By FOX Carolina Staff

POSTED: 4:37 pm EDT September 8, 2010
UPDATED: 4:48 pm EDT September 8, 2010

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Greenville County deputies said they seized nearly 1,200 marijuana plants found in a field near Travelers Rest.

Deputies said that the Department of Natural Resources received a tip that someone was growing marijuana plants on a piece of property off Highway 11 in Travelers Rest. They said that after a weeks long investigation, deputies decided to seize the plants to prevent them from being harvested.

Deputies said they seized 1,197 plants, each of which were about 16 feet tall, and burned them. They said the drugs had a street value of $239,400.

How in the heck do you let them grow that freakin big without harvesting them first???

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Thats one bonfire that you could charge people a cover charge to come to. lol

picture from the article....
24930246_320X240.jpg

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Thats a decent amount but where I live they found 540lbs in the basement of some house townhouse. I live in a nice area and I guess they where using it as a middle spot to be transported to New York. My local police are used to busting kids with pot not even dealers. They hit the jack pot when they found this load worth $2.7 million.

Panic661

Established Member
Lol, some kid down the street from that fire was getting his ass beat. His parents walked in and smelt pot.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
16' tall is HUGE, they had to be in the vegetative state for at least 6-8 months, not counting a Budding stage which would be another 6-10 weeks depending. Those plants would probably produce 3-4 pounds each of dried Product once finished. Its legal in Colorado =)

Last edited:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
That's a lot of lost tax money.

Que? Can't be lost if it were never a tax revenue stream to begin with. Any amount of tax collected is more that they previously were receiving.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I expected a much larger fire. Surely that wasnt all of the plants.

well some had to go to the R&D department back at the station :read:

Thats a decent amount but where I live they found 540lbs in the basement of some house townhouse. I live in a nice area and I guess they where using it as a middle spot to be transported to New York. My local police are used to busting kids with pot not even dealers. They hit the jack pot when they found this load worth $2.7 million.

around here theyve started using much houses in much nicer areas in attempts to keep it "hidden". not too long ago they busted a major grow house in a warehouse right behind the new police station. they said officers could smell the pot while walking in the parking lot and decided to investigate. we're talking right next door, not in the neighborhood behind the station.

Cops find pot just behind LAPD Topanga Station - LA Daily News

Users who are viewing this thread