$ 3.000 to spent

MIKE PAPAS

Established Member
I would look in the market section and just wait till the stuff you want comes up. Only thing I would buy right away is the sub frame connectors from there look at the market place. Its almost winter so I see no rush

You are 100% correct, but im not looking forward to see it setting on my garage collecting dust..lol

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
First of all are you going to be doing the labor or will you be paying? That will make the difference on what you will have to spend. I would most likely just shoot for subframe connectors, intake, exhaust, pulley and a tune. Then cut your springs to lower it and have it realigned.

MIKE PAPAS

Established Member
First of all are you going to be doing the labor or will you be paying? That will make the difference on what you will have to spend. I would most likely just shoot for subframe connectors, intake, exhaust, pulley and a tune. Then cut your springs to lower it and have it realigned.

Well for the most part ill try to do most of it my self... I also have a lift so would make allot of thinks easier. About the tune part, never done and don't have no clue on how easy is to do it or just have some professional to do it. The springs do ineed to cut front and back or kust the rear? and what you thing is the best like 1" or half " , and if I do that will it handel allot better ?

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Well for the most part ill try to do most of it my self... I also have a lift so would make allot of thinks easier. About the tune part, never done and don't have no clue on how easy is to do it or just have some professional to do it. The springs do ineed to cut front and back or kust the rear? and what you thing is the best like 1" or half " , and if I do that will it handel allot better ?

Most cut anywhere from 3/4 of a coil to a full coil. I cut 7/8 up front and 3/4 in the rear and should have went a tad bit lower in the rear IMO. I can't really tell you how much it will help with handling being I cut mine when I did IRS bushings and some other things but I would assume it would make a pretty good difference.

MIKE PAPAS

Established Member
001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dragu1a

Established Member
i love the enthusiasm of a new cobra owner....i was the exact same way :beer:.

congrats on the purchase. $3k will get you some pretty good stuff if you buy smart.

i look forward to seeing it's progress.

Zemedici

Established Member
+1 on just snagging pulley/cold air intake/and tune. That'll get you situated in the power category.

Subframe Connectors will help with the wheel hop, that'll leave you about 2000 to play with, why not add Exhaust, some lowering springs, and maybe some wheels?

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
No one mentioned the head cooling mod :??:

I would do a CAI, upper 2.76, catback, 170 thermostat, head cooling mod, BAP, and dyno tune. That is a great start.

After that, if wheel hop is really bad, get the sub frame connectors. The IRS brace is a good idea as well.

Dragu1a

Established Member
first off, congrats!
now, save up some more cash... once you start its all downhill. the modbug will bite you hard and drain your bank account. do a lot of research here. the questions have been asked a million times and we are here to help. the market section can be your new best friend for finding good deals on almost all the parts listed below. just take your time and do your research. you can always PM me, ill be glad to help you out. i recommend looking at lethal performance for price matching parts and some parts you will want to buy brand new. another hint is looking at the terminator for sale section to see what other people have done. a lot of guys on here post all their mods and power they made. its a good cheat sheet.
there is a lot to this and every part that im listing compliments each other. once you go further than upper pulley only on the stock eaton (unported blower), you need these. I recommend starting by just buying the upper only (2.76 billetflow), cold air intake, catback and have it tuned. you will see awesome power gains (will be in the 460hp range) and you can learn how to control the cobra. once you get used to it, you can add the following:

ported blower:
500ish hp = upper pulley only. 2.76/2.8
525+ hp = upper and aftermarket lower combo. 3.0 upper/4lb lower

what you need power wise:
ported blower
ported inlet
ported tb or single blade throttle body
upgraded maf (either mafia or sct, whichever your tuner prefers)
intake (either ram air or full cold air, i prefer the jlt high boost gen 2 cai)
60lb injectors
boost a pump
catback exhaust of your choice
midpipe of your choice

cooling:
160 tstat
bigger intercooler tank
bigger heat exhanger
head cooling mod

suspension/traction:
h&r race springs
full length sub frame connectors
irs brace
drag radials of your choice
full tilt boogie racing delrin bushing kit (optional, but one of the best mods you can do)

No one mentioned the head cooling mod

Post #13

MIKE PAPAS

Established Member

WELL... On of the first thinks I decide to do is send my blower in for " SNAKE BITE " I figure that be the best BANK for the money and get 130 RWHP right of the bat....Then CAI and maybe a dragon....It be setting winter so I would have time..lol

Emwun Garand

Established Member
everyone always wants EVERY LAST OUNCE OF POWER they can get for XXX amount of $$.

These cars can make sick power but you'd really be better off starting with some of the support stuff. Better subframe connectors, IRS bushings and brace, exhaust, MGW shifter, etc.

WaffleMan

Established Member
everyone always wants EVERY LAST OUNCE OF POWER they can get for XXX amount of $$.

These cars can make sick power but you'd really be better off starting with some of the support stuff. Better subframe connectors, IRS bushings and brace, exhaust, MGW shifter, etc.

+1
Subframe connectors
IRS brace
MGW shifter
170* t-stat
Aeroforce gauges (nice to monitor stuff)
Wideband
Intake
Catback
Midpipe (for sound)
10.5 replicas with drag radials, nt05, or r888

As you can see all these little mods will cut into your budget and limit your money for the big power mods. I was just stating those as an example, all would not be needed.

For power you could just do the basic upper pulley and dyno tune, might need Maf and possibly a bap.

If you want max power out of the Eaton I'd do port, upper/lower pulley combo, 80lb injectors, gt pumps with modified fpdm, bap, and run e85, that'll get you over 550whp with even more trq. Don't forget about input shaft and clutch if you are going to do more than just an upper pulley.

Get your supporting mods first before upping the power

03SVTscott

Established Member
you should get at least an idler pulley for optimum belt wrap

but my .02 for a completely bone stock car would be:

- catback
- intake
- pulley/idlers
- tune
- drag radials
- diff cover brace (or cover)
- x pipe (if any money left over)

congrats on the purchase and enjoy!!

+1 on this....plus full length subframe connectors.....with all those mods above I've seen these cars in the 450hp range....

Users who are viewing this thread