3.25" Whipple Numbers

Vmnous285

Established Member
Here are some pics from our Modular Depot Trip. Where I had MM Full length
subframe connectors installed and #'s from the new pulley. 589HP 536Tq SAE.
Front Desk.
DSC00455.jpg

Procharged Cobra
DSC00456.jpg

FR500C
DSC00457.jpg

Gt500 and My bored G/F
DSC00458.jpg

Subframe connectors.
DSC00464.jpg

Dyno Graph. (Blue is Accel Coils Red is Stock Coils.)
DSC00460.jpg

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice numbers but I would be concerned with the A/F on that graph. It looks to me to be around 12:1 and drifts north of that to around 13:1 at the end of the pull.

TORQJNKY

Nice numbers but I would be concerned with the A/F on that graph. It looks to me to be around 12:1 and drifts north of that to around 13:1 at the end of the pull.

I agree :eek:. To be safe, that 589 run A/F line should be the same as the 547 run and I would even have it around 11.5-11.8 for my sanity. Little lean in the upper RPM's for my taste. High RPM's + lean = too much cylinder heat. Not good.

As for the 3.25 upper and 4lb lower, I ran a 3.20 upper and 4lb lower and made about 19psi on a Gen1 Whipple with LT's. A Gen2 might net you a little more. You can get a pump gas tune on 19 psi just make sure your A/F is fat and you don't run too much timing.

Last edited:

Fat-cat

Established Member
11.4 A/F. Not sure what you mean by "setup"?

I think he means what combo ( upper / lower ) add on parts and what fuel you are running for you 19 psi ... also timeing and such would be a good to know as well

Im running 3.5 and 4lb lower on mine but im only seeing 17-18 pounds and i run pump gas most of the time.. when im really going to rag on it i put torco mix in.. I have not had any problems .. my A/F is 11.5 ish on the dyno .. my wide band reads like 10.80 -11.2

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I think he means what combo ( upper / lower ) add on parts and what fuel you are running for you 19 psi ... also timeing and such would be a good to know as well

Im running 3.5 and 4lb lower on mine but im only seeing 17-18 pounds and i run pump gas most of the time.. when im really going to rag on it i put torco mix in.. I have not had any problems .. my A/F is 11.5 ish on the dyno .. my wide band reads like 10.80 -11.2
2.75 Upper/ Stock lower (Gen 1 W140ax). 16.75 degrees timing, 93 Octane. Dyno reads 11.4, wideband reads 11.4.

FPDC is 80% Max @ 6400 RPM w/ Fore Hat, twin GT pumps, wiring upgrade, dual FPDM's, -8 line to the rails.

Last edited:

Vmnous285

Established Member
thanx guys I will call them today and ask them about the car being on the lean side. Yes COP's are a waste of money (Atleast Accels). I cant speak for any of the other ones.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome pics. Weird, but that showroom area reminds me so much of a shop that was located in Wallingford, CT up to a few years ago. Very similar in layout. Is that a Cobra or a Roush Mustang (GT) in that second photo. Looks like a Roush side exhaust but I don't see any decals. Nice looking car.

Awesome numbers you made on the dyno! :beer:

Vmnous285

Established Member
Awesome pics. Weird, but that showroom area reminds me so much of a shop that was located in Wallingford, CT up to a few years ago. Very similar in layout. Is that a Cobra or a Roush Mustang (GT) in that second photo. Looks like a Roush side exhaust but I don't see any decals. Nice looking car.

Awesome numbers you made on the dyno! :beer:

Thanks! The car in the second photo is a 01(i think) Cobra with Roush body kit.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So the motor in the Cobra with the Roush trim is not Roush modified? Just curious.

dormeas

Established Member
2.75 Upper/ Stock lower (Gen 1 W140ax). 16.75 degrees timing, 93 Octane. Dyno reads 11.4, wideband reads 11.4.

FPDC is 80% Max @ 6400 RPM w/ Fore Hat, twin GT pumps, wiring upgrade, dual FPDM's, -8 line to the rails.

So what were your numbers on this "setup" I am interested in going TS this fall and wonder. I don't know why but lately it seems the KB cars are making more power. I thought Gen II Whipples should have no problem getting into the 600 to 630 range with supporting mods, such as the OP.:shrug: What's the deal?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
my tuner is giving me shit about going 3.25 + 4lb. lower on pump....what u guys think?

You can run that on the street but you better have some common sense in doing it. No back to back runs and some timing pulled. Then a very safe a/f ratio also. I ran it on mine for a while last year.

So what were your numbers on this "setup" I am interested in going TS this fall and wonder. I don't know why but lately it seems the KB cars are making more power. I thought Gen II Whipples should have no problem getting into the 600 to 630 range with supporting mods, such as the OP.:shrug: What's the deal?

The OP is running pretty low boost really. Crank the boost up and it'll be over 600 easily.

Users who are viewing this thread