3.4 Whippled 04 vs VW VR6 w/62mm

BM1

Established Member
The Cobra is probably a 6XX RWHP car trapping 133-134 MPH so that's probably about right if the VW actually traps 136 MPH.

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Not calling bs but do those 3.4 whipples not whine at all or what????

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Im not sure im believing the mods on that cobra or is a turbo VR6 really that fast. A guy in our club has a VR6 and I ran him in my fox and pulled 3 cars on motor and then both of us on a 75 shot I pulled about 4 cars or more so this vid just dont look right to me.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Im not sure im believing the mods on that cobra or is a turbo VR6 really that fast. A guy in our club has a VR6 and I ran him in my fox and pulled 3 cars on motor and then both of us on a 75 shot I pulled about 4 cars or more so this vid just dont look right to me.

I'd believe it... anything can be made fast. My bolt on 98 GT (14.6 @ 97) stayed toe and toe with a Turbo Civic hatch, but I've seen plenty of em running 10's or better. I was just fortunate enough to run a slower one so my pride wasn't hurt too badly.

But on that note, my friend had a 2.3 Whipple on his old Cobra with 17 or 19 lbs of boost and supporting mods, and it pumped out 640rwhp IIRC. Wouldn't a 3.4 be making a lot more power considering it's 1.5 times bigger? I doubt if he has a 3.4 he would waste his time with a "Low boost" setting...

BM1

Established Member
I'd believe it... anything can be made fast. My bolt on 98 GT (14.6 @ 97) stayed toe and toe with a Turbo Civic hatch, but I've seen plenty of em running 10's or better. I was just fortunate enough to run a slower one so my pride wasn't hurt too badly.

But on that note, my friend had a 2.3 Whipple on his old Cobra with 17 or 19 lbs of boost and supporting mods, and it pumped out 640rwhp IIRC. Wouldn't a 3.4 be making a lot more power considering it's 1.5 times bigger? I doubt if he has a 3.4 he would waste his time with a "Low boost" setting...

If you had two identical motors and one had a 2.3 and the other a 3.4 both running the same boost, the difference in power between the two would be the difference in parasitic loss and thermal efficiency. Basically whichever produces less drag on the belt is going to make a bit more power with that example since airflow would be identical and everything else would be equal (in other words the blower size being the ONLY variable). The 3.4 blowers come into play when you want to push higher boost than what a 2.3 is capable of (high 20s) or on stroker/head/cam motors that require a lot more airflow than what a 2.3 can produce.

Last edited:

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
If you had two identical motors and one had a 2.3 and the other a 3.4 both running the same boost, the difference in power between the two would be the difference in parasitic loss and thermal efficiency. Basically whichever produces less drag on the belt is going to make a bit more power with that example since airflow would be identical and everything else would be equal (in other words the blower size being the ONLY variable). The 3.4 blowers come into play when you want to push higher boost than what a 2.3 is capable of (high 20s) or on stroker/head/cam motors that require a lot more airflow than what a 2.3 can produce.

That's what I figured. How much boost was the Cobra running?

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
yea..the mk3 is lighter and i figure it to be a built 12 valve turbo vr6. Unless he did a 24v swap.

BlakeLT1WS6

Established Member

gt mustangs are slow stock too but they can be made to haul ass also.

stupid comment.

Users who are viewing this thread