3 months & frustrated

RakMan

Wild Weasel
Established Member
:shrug: Ordered early May and salesman said he had two allocations. Spoke with sales manager today to find out they don't have any allocations after all ... yet. He was straight up with me & said that the salesman was fired last month for over promising. The dealership had two 2012 Shelbys. He also said he doesn't know how the allocation process works ... just that many times, they just get told. Does anyone know if Ford releases allocations throughout the year?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Yes, extra allocations are given throughout the year, BUT, all dealers that paid the SVT fee already have had at least 1 allocation. If this dealer hasn't had any allocations yet, that tells me they did not sign up for the SVT program and therefore will not get ANY allocations.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
:shrug: Ordered early May and salesman said he had two allocations. Spoke with sales manager today to find out they don't have any allocations after all ... yet. He was straight up with me & said that the salesman was fired last month for over promising. The dealership had two 2012 Shelbys. He also said he doesn't know how the allocation process works ... just that many times, they just get told. Does anyone know if Ford releases allocations throughout the year?

1- ask the dealer if they have paid the svt certification fee
2- if answer is yes- go to step 3 if answer is no- find another dealer
3- ask dealer to call Ford rep and find out when their allocation is being scheduled (quarter or month at this point)
4- if they have allocation- ask what priority yours is- and then what priority the "other" allocation they sold is. If you are not priority 10-tell them to move you to priority 10. If someone else is priority 10- you need to find another dealer.

Hope that helps

RakMan

Wild Weasel
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I ordered this at $2280 under MSRP, but might still look to see who else I can deal with. I'll check with the SVT folks this afternoon & see if this dealership is an "paid" SVT dealer.

Marc

Established Member
$2280 under MSRP? I am betting they don't have a allocation. That is the cheapeast I have seen one sell for here on the board (although I don't read every post).

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
there is a thread on here with the user "hufen" he needs to give up his order and car is being built already...check it out

RakMan

Wild Weasel
Established Member
Chris...I called Ford Customer Relations & they're supposed to call me back Monday. This rep did tell tell me my dealer is a a "paid and certified" SVT dealer. When they do call, I'll ask for what time window my allocation will be scheduled. If they don't know, I'll ask to have the Zone rep work it & contact me. BTW, I received an "order confirmation" in May with a Priority "10," but no "DORA." Does that make a difference?

2013gt5

Established Member
Just checked on my order and was told it was still in order processing but has an ETA of Aug 27. Lady from ford said thats when it should be at the dealer. I ordered in the end of April. The dealer told me that they should have it about 4 weeks after the eta date. So who is right? Or is it neither of them?

farmboy90

Established Member
Just checked on my order and was told it was still in order processing but has an ETA of Aug 27. Lady from ford said thats when it should be at the dealer. I ordered in the end of April. The dealer told me that they should have it about 4 weeks after the eta date. So who is right? Or is it neither of them?

WTF? There is no way to have an ETA if the order is in "Order Processing". So something doesn't add up there.

2013gt5

Established Member
Thats what I don't get. Salesman called me Tues or Wed and said They have an ETA Aug 27 and thats all I asked. I just got off the phone with FCS and thats what they told me, Order Processing and ETA of Aug 27. I got my Vin about 2 weeks ago. I don't understand why they don't simplify this ordering process.

farmboy90

Established Member
Interesting. If you have a VIN, then yes they can provide an ETA.

My thinking is that the 8/27 is your build WEEK. Which means your car will be built during that week. Then about 3-4 weeks later it should show up at your dealer.

So maybe your dealer is saying your build ETA in 8/27? That is an odd way to phrase it, but it is the only thing I can thing of to make this all make sense.

ETA typically means the day it arrives at your dealer. And that is typically 3-4 weeks after your build date.

2013gt5

Established Member
I asked specifically If that was the build or deliver date and she said delivered. I asked because I haven't received a build date yet but who knows.

farmboy90

Established Member
Someone's on crack. Unless your car is already built, there is ZERO chance it will be delivered by 8/27. My car has been built for a week and it won't be here until 8/22 (which is subject to change).

Mike Meyers

Established Member
ordered 4/4 had a build date of 8/6 called today and svt told me it was waiting to be shipped with an eta of 8/18 I'll believe it when I see it.

Tonyalaskarms

Harley Rider
Established Member
1- ask the dealer if they have paid the svt certification fee
2- if answer is yes- go to step 3 if answer is no- find another dealer
3- ask dealer to call Ford rep and find out when their allocation is being scheduled (quarter or month at this point)
4- if they have allocation- ask what priority yours is- and then what priority the "other" allocation they sold is. If you are not priority 10-tell them to move you to priority 10. If someone else is priority 10- you need to find another dealer.

Hope that helps

Chris the dealership that I ordered from has already received there first allocation and car was delivered in may, I ordered mine June 18 and on the order sheet it says priority 25 should I be worried? And is there anything that I can do. The dealership says everything is ok but that's all they can tell me.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris the dealership that I ordered from has already received there first allocation and car was delivered in may, I ordered mine June 18 and on the order sheet it says priority 25 should I be worried? And is there anything that I can do. The dealership says everything is ok but that's all they can tell me.

Have the dealer move your priority up to 10- if in fact you are the 2nd allocation (and they are getting a second allocation) they may have already moved you up- but you need to get verification of that

RakMan

Wild Weasel
Established Member
I'm assuming "concepts" is the s/w program Ford uses. If that's what you mean, I don't know. I can ask next time I call.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Have the dealer move your priority up to 10- if in fact you are the 2nd allocation (and they are getting a second allocation) they may have already moved you up- but you need to get verification of that

Chris,
When does the dealer know how many allocations he will get? I know they are guaranteed 1 when they pay the SVT fee, but when do they find out about additional allocations, if any?

Users who are viewing this thread