30 Day Cold Shower Challenge - Are you man enough?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
**** it, I'll start tomorrow. I don't have anything better to do anyway. I will report my findings.

Did you do it?

I don't even think about it anymore. Ice cold showers almost everyday. It's weird, I think my body has adapted. When I take a hot shower it feels ****ed up..:lol1:

Seriously, hot water on my nuts sucks.

On that note, I do miss the rush I first got when doing this. Now that my body has adapted I need to find the next thing. I'm going to get some bags of ice and try an ice bath sometime this week.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
i cant help but think this thread is just one big prank to try and get people to freeze their asses off for no reason. you guys should turn your home thermostats down to 40 degrees all winter, same concept lol.

Sick03Vert

Banned
lol, admirable! I gotta admit, if I felt no benefits there's no fricken way I'd take continue taking cold showers. For me, it makes a small subtle difference, just enough to be worth doing. :beer:

:beer:

Well I'm still in at day 11 now. I figured maybe I would start feeling something after a week or so, but not so much. However, it's just cold water. lol. It isn't gonna kill anyone (I don't think), and I've saved a ton on the water bill. :D

I think I'll keep at it and stick it out for the next 19 days. If anything changes I'll let you guys know. :beer:

Mach828

Established Member
Cold showers, no pillow, no shampoo, no fap, and no wipe.

My test is currently exceeding Jay Cutler levels.

aware

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
:beer:

Well I'm still in at day 11 now. I figured maybe I would start feeling something after a week or so, but not so much. However, it's just cold water. lol. It isn't gonna kill anyone (I don't think), and I've saved a ton on the water bill. :D

I think I'll keep at it and stick it out for the next 19 days. If anything changes I'll let you guys know. :beer:

Let us know. It's not easy to take cold ass showers, 30 days straight is better than I did. :beer:

Cold showers, no pillow, no shampoo, no fap, and no wipe.

Wipe your ass dude.

**** it I'm starting tomorrow too. Will give me a reason to not bitch when the hot water heater goes out in the my room over here. Ain't got nothing but time.

aha, I still recommend you keep your water heater. When I want to shave I splash hot water, cold shaving sucks nut sacks.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Finished the Challenge today. It's been good. The short of it... I feel more motivated, healthy, energetic having done it. I started exercising more, doing more outdoors type stuff, and crossfit. I lost 7lbs during the 30 days. I'll continue to take a cold shower here and there.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Well I made it to 30...barely.

I say barely because I have been deathly ill the past few days with a respiratory and sinus infection and have been desperate to take a warm shower to try and clear my head up. However, I stuck with it up until this morning when I finally had a nice, long hot shower to try and feel better.

To summarize for me, I am not overly sold on cold showers. The biggest thing I really wanted them to do was to help me sleep better and ease my anxiety...but it didn't really do either.

I will say it made me feel like a badass, even if I'm not, because I did stick it out and I can cross it off my list of "shit left to try before I die." LOL. So in short:

PROS:
-It wakes your ass up, no doubt
-After the first couple of weeks, it's not as bad
-It makes you feel like a tough guy, even if you aren't :-D
-You save a shit ton on your water bill...seriously
-Getting out of the shower, you don't feel cold. In fact, suddenly, nothing feels cold to you

CONS:
-You freeze your ass off
-The first couple of days are SHITTY
-If you work out, which I do, it doesn't soothe the muscles as much as warm water
-I stopped looking forward to showers and, instead, dreaded them...which only added to my anxiety
-Going from hot and sweaty to freezing and swearing isn't very fun

All in all, am I glad I gave it a shot? Yes, I am. But then I take damn near every challenge I can find so....it might not be for everyone. Will I continue them? Meh...I will take one here or there, but if I'm sore...or if I'm sick like I am now...I'll be switching to hot and not feeling very bad about it.

Thanks for posting the challenge though OP. It was interesting and I definitely would have never tried it otherwise. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread