$30 Million Dollar Car Wreck

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Holy crap, can you even fathom the amount of money this car is worth? And to wreck it? World's most expensive car crash. Thirty mil....OUCH!! :nonono:

ferrari250.jpg

"...many 250 GTO owners regularly drive them in public -- and last week, the one pictured above worth about $30 million was hit in what ranks as the world's most expensive car crash."

Yahoo: Most Expensive Car Crash

"Last week, during a gathering in central France to mark the 50th anniversary of the 250 GTO, another car collided with the Coxes. Ann Cox suffered a broken leg and other injuries, while Christopher Cox had only minor scrapes; both were treated and released from a French hospital."

The 30 Million Dollar Ferrari 250 GTO

Looks like they're gonna fix it:

"when it comes to cars as rare and sought-after as the Ferrari 250 GTO, there's no such thing as totaled."

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
I saw this yesterday (which was the second link you posted) and was going to make a thread about it but it didn't have picture of the actual car. I'm glad you found one. I'm surprised we haven't seen any pictures of the damage.

That blue and yellow is a sick combination though, hate to hear about it being wrecked.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I would probably go to jail for beating someone half to death. I hope to God they had REALLY good insurance.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
The Gto is my #1 car to own if I hit the world record powerball along w/ F-40

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Shit, repost?

Ehhh, whatever. Mine is more better (grammar error, on purpose).

Pizza man can suck my sausage.

Color combo is pretty sick. Crazy Swed's. Gotta give props to the guy actually driving it, tho.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
it's just a car. :shrug:

you drive a car like that out in public around other idiots who don't know how to drive, it's inevitable that something like this would happen. Should have been trailered in by a big rig and unloaded at the gathering site.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
it's just a car. :shrug:

you drive a car like that out in public around other idiots who don't know how to drive, it's inevitable that something like this would happen. Should have been trailered in by a big rig and unloaded at the gathering site.

Contradictory much?

If it just a car, why not drive the piss out of? Who cares what happens to it.

Planter

Banned
Contradictory much?

If it just a car, why not drive the piss out of? Who cares what happens to it.

to me it's just a car, with a bloated dollar value.

to someone else, it's a very rare and expensive machine worth a **** ton of money, so why would you risk an accident and devaluing the car by doing something like this?

MotoSno963

Established Member
a car should be driven..even if its worth a billion dollars, thats what it was made for.. for someone to drive it..i hate when people built these cars and trailer it to a show or a gathering..thats what gathering are for. so people can drive there nice cars and meet up and check everyone elses cars out

Last edited:

Last

Established Member
Story and the link would have been suffice for Roadside...the pic brings it into the :wf: zone.

I disagree with your wrong forum sign. Pics and vids buffet in my opinion is more along the lines of Look at this vid!! and everyone will say how cool it is, or if pictures are posted they say Nice pics!

Roadside is more along the lines of, look at this article and lets discuss it....it may or may not have a picture associated with it.

Just because a thread has a picture or video in it, does not mean it should only go in pics and vids.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
1 of 36 Ferarri 250 GTOs. Wow. I doubt the guy that hit him carried that much liability insurance. Owner must be eating that loss. It also sucks the misses got the brunt of the injuries.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dang, what a shame. The owner surely knew the risk. Small odds of this happening, but it did. I guess this is why some prefer to just build a museum.

Users who are viewing this thread