31-Mile 1995 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R on BaT

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Scott or Merlin would have a lot of fun cleaning that one up. Awesome Cobra R there. Let's see where it goes, money wise.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Did the seller buy it just to flip it?
The listing says the article was from March 2022 issue of Mustang Times magazine.
1646314487310.png

brianz426

Established Member
It's one thing when you have a 50+ year old car that you've pulled out of a barn, then maybe I can see selling it in "as found" condition. But this car with low mileage and no dealer prep leaving it dusty seems pointless. If anything I think it gives the impression of neglect. I'm surprised someone would run the windshield wipers over that mess and run the risk of scratching the original windshield. I hope that dust isn't hiding damaged paint.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's at $40K with 5 days to go.

Good eye, Brian. I didn't notice that the windshield wipers had been deployed. IMO this car would be probably getting even more interest if it had been washed and paint detailed. Nobody really cares about the dust on it. So yeah, zero reason to leave it. It is NOT patina, for sure.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Did the seller buy it just to flip it?
The listing says the article was from March 2022 issue of Mustang Times magazine.
View attachment 1740153

Nate is a car dealer, as such, cars come and go, it;s what he does, so no surprise the car is being flipped. His real claim to fame is being Ed Meyers son, Ed is a well known and respected Shelby/Boss concourse judge and collector/restorer.

Bill S.

TFStang

Established Member
Pretty cool, but I don’t think cleaning and detailing it would have detracted from its value.

Users who are viewing this thread