32V Twin Turbo 5.4L Project - Pics and Commentary

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Hey Shock...are you going to drive it on the street when it's done, or will it be stictly for racing/shows? BTW, I know you're probably sick of the compliments, but, the thing is going to be a F**king MONSTER when you're done with it. :rockon: :rockon: :beer:

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
nastynivek said:
BTW, I know you're probably sick of the compliments, but, the thing is going to be a F**king MONSTER when you're done with it. :rockon: :rockon: :beer:
No doubt. Shock will be running with the big dawgs. :thumbsup:

ShockTherapy

Established Member
nastynivek said:
Hey Shock...are you going to drive it on the street when it's done, or will it be stictly for racing/shows? BTW, I know you're probably sick of the compliments, but, the thing is going to be a F**king MONSTER when you're done with it. :rockon: :rockon: :beer:

Thanks. :)

Believe it or not, it will be my daily driver when I'm done with it. :beer:

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
00SVT said:
Shock what are you going to do with the old block?
I am selling my long block if you want it.

Shock, nice! I am in the same process with a single turbo on a 2v 5.4. My turbo will be a t76. So good luck and we will have to run when we get finished. Are you going to go with a 4inch down pipe? And what fuel upgrade are you doing? I am running a twin 255 pump, 60lb injectors, and bigger fuel rails. :rockon: Good luck and I look to be done beginning of July.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
svt5.4 said:
I am selling my long block if you want it.

Shock, nice! I am in the same process with a single turbo on a 2v 5.4. My turbo will be a t76. So good luck and we will have to run when we get finished. Are you going to go with a 4inch down pipe? And what fuel upgrade are you doing? I am running a twin 255 pump, 60lb injectors, and bigger fuel rails. :rockon: Good luck and I look to be done beginning of July.

Sounds nice! I will be running two 3" downpipes since I'll have twins, with a full 3" dual exhaust all the way out. I have the high-flow 255 pumps and 60lb injectors as well. I will be using Sullivan fuel rails as well since I will have a Sullivan intake and TB adapter. My 60lb injectors will be going static about 800HP so I may look into using an alcohol injection kit and running methanol for a bit of extra fuel. That's just a distant thought at this point though.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Anyone got any ideas of what kind of quarter miles times Shock's L is likely to turn when he gets finished with it???? Damn, I'd really love to see that truck run. :rockon:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Anyone got any ideas of what kind of quarter miles times Shock's L is likely to turn when he gets finished with it???? Damn, I'd really love to see that truck run. :rockon:

I'm sure there will be plenty of video. You'll be able to see it run!!
:rockon:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Look out rice, here comes SHOCK. Your gonna have your hands full with this one. Are you doing any weight reduction to the L, or keeping it just to the engine bay. Good luck with the swap.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
I got a Cobra Oil Filter / Cooler assembly in the mail today so I test fit the parts on my existing block. I am running this piece because the stock water outlet on the one from my Lightning was going to be in the way of the manifold on the drivers side. The Cobra piece puts the water outlet below the power steering pump.

cobra_oil_adapter_45.jpg

cobra_oil_adapter_side.jpg

One thing that became immediately apparent is that the oil cooler assembly was going to hit the crossmember in my truck. Notice there is only about 1" of space between the cooler housing and where the motor mount will be.

engine_mm_adapter_measure.jpg

And looking at the engine compartment:

mm_crossmember_measure.jpg

mm_crossmember_space.jpg

The area that the text is typed in that last pic is where the adapter housing would hit the crossmember. I have a couple of choices now. I can either cut and box the crossmember so I get the proper clearance, or I can remove the oil cooler section of the assembly like this:

cobra_oil_adapter_45_apart.jpg

cobra_oil_adapter_apart.jpg

and put on a remote filter / cooler assembly using 1/2 of the Cobra piece, and put a hose directly on the coolant outlet. I believe I am going to just get a remote mount filter and cooler assembly. I really don't want to hack on my crossmember.

Tazman1, I am not going for any weight reduction. I will either keep the weight like it is now, or add some in the back for better traction. :-D

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Hey Shawn,

Sullivan also has remote oil filter adapaters that bolt to the block in the stock location and have threaded holes for the water outlet and oil supply/return. I have seen them with big AN fittings, but you could also do a regular radiator hose fitting threaded into the water port. That setup would give you LOTS more room.

Herb

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
herb101 said:
Hey Shawn,

Sullivan also has remote oil filter adapaters that bolt to the block in the stock location and have threaded holes for the water outlet and oil supply/return. I have seen them with big AN fittings, but you could also do a regular radiator hose fitting threaded into the water port. That setup would give you LOTS more room.

Herb
i was just thinking the same thing, remote is gona be the way to go for ya man

ShockTherapy

Established Member
Here's an update. I picked up my Short Block from Keith Craft Racing today, and proceeded to bolt on the heads.

one_head_on.jpg

both_heads_on_2.jpg

lotsa_parts.jpg

I'm waiting on my oil pump so I can get the pump, pickup, and chains back together, then bolt on the front cover and pan.

Users who are viewing this thread