32V Twin Turbo 5.4L Project - Pics and Commentary

ShockTherapy

Established Member
Update on the oil filter/cooler adapter as well. Looks like I'm going to go with this piece:

oiladapterprlarge.gif

http://www.detroitspeedworks.com/oiladapter.htm

It's going to be easier and cleaner to adapt the whole setup. I wish I had known about this piece to start with, but at least I found it before I started putting it all together.

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
Update on the oil filter/cooler adapter as well. Looks like I'm going to go with this piece:

oiladapterprlarge.gif

http://www.detroitspeedworks.com/oiladapter.htm

It's going to be easier and cleaner to adapt the whole setup. I wish I had known about this piece to start with, but at least I found it before I started putting it all together.

That's pretty much like the one I was thinking of...

Herb

ShockTherapy

Established Member
Another piece of the puzzle I received today...

Precision_IC.jpg

It's a 950HP Precision Intercooler actually made for a turbo Buick, but it will fit great and support more HP than I plan on running.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
I test fit a few things tonight so I can start ordering AN fittings, etc for my fuel rail setup. I also picked up one polished item today as well. :)

valve_cover_side.jpg

valve_cover_etc.jpg

I about lost my load when I picked the valve cover up today. The guy polishing them said he has over 15 hours into this one cover because the stock casting was really hard to work with. Here's that exact same valve cover in it's stock, raw form.

NAVI_whole.jpg

Last edited:

ShockTherapy

Established Member
A few people wanted to see pics of my brake line re-plumbing I got done this past weekend. Here are a few shots of that, + a little bonus material.

brake_T.jpg

brake_lines_top.jpg

brake_lines_3.jpg

boyds_truck.jpg

boyds_truck_3.jpg

boyds_front.jpg

boyds_rear.jpg

I know, I know...how can someone swap wheels when their truck isn't even running. Well that's just me and I couldn't resist. :)

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
They look killer! What are they Boyd's?

Man everyone must envy you. 32 Valve Turbo Navi Motor, and new wheels??? I'd like to hit the lottery and become Shock#2.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
They look killer! What are they Boyd's?

Man everyone must envy you. 32 Valve Turbo Navi Motor, and new wheels??? I'd like to hit the lottery and become Shock#2.

Thanks, they are 20x9.5 Boyd Patriots. And I don't think everyone envies me...I don't really have much money, most of this is being paid for by parts I sold off the truck, and a lotta sweat and blood.

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It's not the money thing. Your truck was the baddest truck a year ago and it gets more badass by the day. I meant that to be a sincere compliment. Your truck needs to be featured in a magazine.

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Looks great so far Shawn! :thumbsup:

Are you planning to run a proportioning valve to adjust your brake Bias? This functionality was likely built into the stock ABS unit and probably needs to be addressed on a replumb. The easiest way to do it is a knob adjustable proportioning valve from Jeg's or Summit installed in the line feeding the rear brakes.

Herb

ShockTherapy

Established Member
herb101 said:
Looks great so far Shawn! :thumbsup:

Are you planning to run a proportioning valve to adjust your brake Bias? This functionality was likely built into the stock ABS unit and probably needs to be addressed on a replumb. The easiest way to do it is a knob adjustable proportioning valve from Jeg's or Summit installed in the line feeding the rear brakes.

Herb

Actually I found a very informative pdf on brake systems and have done some additional research on that. Most disc/disc systems do not need a proportioning valve. I am going to try it without one and then add one later after I "test" the brakes in a safe environment. I put the coupling for the rear brakes in a convenient place in case I decide to do that.

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
Actually I found a very informative pdf on brake systems and have done some additional research on that. Most disc/disc systems do not need a proportioning valve. I am going to try it without one and then add one later after I "test" the brakes in a safe environment. I put the coupling for the rear brakes in a convenient place in case I decide to do that.

COOL - definately keep us (OK - me) posted on your findings with that. It makes sense though.

Herb

ShockTherapy

Established Member
Here are specs on the turbos and a few pics for those that wanted them.

Precision
GT35 TO476 S cover .58ar

They have 6176S scribed on the comp housing.

6176S.jpg

comp_side.jpg

turbine_side.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread