$332.00 Seat Belt Ticket

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
About a month ago I was cruzing alone in my 1998 Deville 50 mph in a 55 mph zone, window down enjoying the breeze. Suddenly an unmarked charger comes flying up out of nowhere, pulls me over and writes me a seatbelt ticket. I go to pay it and they want $322.00?? WTF:fm:

Ill be getting another Cobra soon with tinted windows a V-1 and 500rwhp on tap... this is bullshit.

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
Try wearing a seatbelt...:shrug::nonono:

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
About a month ago I was cruzing alone in my 1998 Deville 50 mph in a 55 mph zone, window down enjoying the breeze. Suddenly an unmarked charger comes flying up out of nowhere, pulls me over and writes me a seatbelt ticket. I go to pay it and they want $322.00?? WTF:fm:

Ill be getting another Cobra soon with tinted windows a V-1 and 500rwhp on tap... this is bullshit.

How does a V1 help prevent seatbelt tickets? Radar usually isnt involved in that citation.

ModularFan

Established Member
cool_story_bro_trollcat.jpg

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member

I've been wearing seat belts since 1971 when I got my drivers license.
Have you ever seen a persons face after going though the windshield?
I have... No winning beauty contests any longer
Wear your seat belt.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Wear your seat belt.

the only thing i see wrong with this is if your over 21 you can make your own decisions, and not every case does a seatbelt work, i had a accident and was told that if i had worn it i would have been badly injured. I understand where your coming from.

04spinbra

Established Member
Wear your seat belt.

Have you ever seen someone that has worn a seatbelt but get rips(seatbelt tore) right through the seatbelt? My sister was in a bad accident and the seatbelt ripped and she went right through it and was found under the brake pedal and she was the passenger!

the only thing i see wrong with this is if your over 21 you can make your own decisions, and not every case does a seatbelt work, i had a accident and was told that if i had worn it i would have been badly injured. I understand where your coming from.

+1 $332.00 seems high but hey its the law!

Last edited:

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
99.99% of accidents will be safer wearing a seatbelt. I'd much rather take my chance with the seatbelt than the windshield. The same can be said about airbags,...you could end up with bruises but in most cases you will be safer.

Ignoring the safety though, wearing a seatbelt is the law. Until you have the law overturned, pay the ticket and quit bitching. YOU were in the wrong.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
if the price for not wearing the seatbelt was $50, then everyone would still neglect the law. it's obscene to make sure people remember it and hopefully wear their seatbelt.

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
Tickets come from mod money, try suggested info here^^^

:nonono:

It was a suggestion. It's pretty hard to get a ticket for no seatbelt if you're wearing one. He broke the law and got caught, end of story.

For those who think it should be his decision if he wants to wear a seatbelt or not, I don't have a problem with that, but it doesn't make it any less idiotic. It's not really any different from people choosing not to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
It was a suggestion. It's pretty hard to get a ticket for no seatbelt if you're wearing one. He broke the law and got caught, end of story.

I've gotten a few seatbelt tickets while wearing one, given the ticket in lieu of a speeding ticket. FWIW I always wear mine, the chances of a seatbelt causing more injuries in an accident are pretty slim compared to it saving you from greater injuries or death.

OP, I agree that the ticket seems outrageously high. I don't know if it's purely a revenue issue or if it is seen as a greater deterent to not wearing one.

Stinger2011

Established Member
I try to wear my seat belt every time I get in a vehicle, but I don't 100% agree with this law. "I'm gonna write you a ticket for 300 dollars and hurt you financially and mentally so you don't hurt yourself physically." I just don't 100% agree with it, but atleast it helps people.

Edit: Oh yeah. I think I got pulled over one time for not wearing a set belt, even though I was. Been a long time, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread