$332.00 Seat Belt Ticket

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
Those are not valid comparisons. The difference is that a seatbelt law only provides safety to the person making the choice to wear the seatbelt or not while the other laws are to provide a safe environment for EVERYONE using the road. That's the whole point of the argument.

If someone chooses not to wear a seatbelt, the only person they are putting at more risk is themself. If someone chooses not to obey a red light, they are risking their own safety and that of their passengers, along with that of drivers and passengers in other cars.

By not wearing a seat belt you are forcing the police and other first responders to clean up your brains and other organs off the road much more often then if you did wear a belt. Its kind of like the law that prevents you from taking a dump in the middle of the road, why does it exist? because no one likes cleaning up other peoples turds just like they dont like scraping their brains off the median.

Helmets wear I live are mandatory on bikes, including ATV's and Dirt bikes off public highways. It just makes sense to wear a helmet and buckle up. I had a ATV accident myself last year and bruised up my pelvis and had a little whiplash. I had a helmet on a my helmet took a big smack and if didnt have it on I would be typing this today with some software like Stephen Hawking uses.

pillboxhat5

Established Member
if the price for not wearing the seatbelt was $50, then everyone would still neglect the law. it's obscene to make sure people remember it and hopefully wear their seatbelt.

no id say its obscene because they want to steal ur damn money!!!! i always wear my seat belt but that price is crazy!!!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
no id say its obscene because they want to steal ur damn money!!!! i always wear my seat belt but that price is crazy!!!

Do you know what stealing is? Stealing is when they take it to from you without any cause.

By breaking the law, you are paying an idiot tax. It's an idiot tax because your actions cause you to pay the tax. Idiot tax /= theft.

Last edited:

RedFord96

Established Member
Betcha won't make that $332 mistake again. It's like using a turn signal, it's so easy to do there's really no excuse not to.

Simple point of the fact is that the government built and owns the roadways. That gives them the right to create the laws that govern how we use them. Irregardless of whether or not we like them, or agree with them, they are there.

People are always gonna argue that it's personal choice. It's still a personal choice. You make that choice everytime you drive. You choose not to obey the law, then you choose to suck it up and take the punishment.

I totally agree. Although I won't admit it.

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
Your right its not different. Because it is YOUR choice if you want to wear a helmet or not on a motorcycle. Where it is NOT your choice for a seatbelt in a car? I don't get it? How can they contradict themselves when they allow here and not there.

By your post, I'm assuming WI doesn't have a helmet law? Though I think it's idiotic to ride without a helmet, or drive without a seatbelt, it does seem odd to require one and not the other. If anything I would think it would be the other way around, I would drive without a seatbelt long before riding without a helmet.

How can they contradict themselves when they allow here and not there.

No one ever claimed politics equaled common sense.

sidewinderl

Established Member
Simple point of the fact is that the government built and owns the roadways. That gives them the right to create the laws that govern how we use them. Irregardless of whether or not we like them, or agree with them, they are there.

People are always gonna argue that it's personal choice. It's still a personal choice. You make that choice everytime you drive. You choose not to obey the law, then you choose to suck it up and take the punishment.

And who owns the government? We do. Funny how people seem to forget that...

"There are laws that enslave men, and laws that set them free." ...I'll leave it up to you to figure out which category this kind of law falls under.

Personally, I always wear my seatbelt...doesn't mean I have the right to force anybody else to wear theirs. Neither does the government.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
That's why we have elections. Put all the world problems aside and vote for somebody that voices the freedom to allow you to decide to wear a seatbelt or not.

Coiled03

Established Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is that right? If you build it, and own it, you can use it how you see fit?

My94GT

Established Member
your airbag isn't going to kill you.. otherwise it wouldn't be in your car..

:lol: i would go with a big false on that. safety restraint systems are designed to work together in cars. with out a seat belt the air bag can be potentially a deadly device in the event of an accident. look how many times you see people still come away with some fourm of an injury while useing both the seat belt and air bag. now think about how much harder that bag will hit them if the seat belt isnt there to limit the travel of the person in an accident.

Users who are viewing this thread