$332.00 Seat Belt Ticket

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Click it or ticket season is coming up in San Antonio too......IDK i wear mine all the time, used to it from going on/off base...its mandatory

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
buckle-up-poster.jpg

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
What does a Cobra with a V-1 have to do with anything? So you can get pulled over for speeding and tinted windows next time?

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Just wear your seat belt. People who argue against seat belts are so stupid, and I mean just utterly stupid... it's just about as utterly stupid as riding a motorcycle with no helmet, shorts, and tank top.

Yep, young kid died a few months ago on my road in front of my house because he was just too cool for a seat belt, and he wasn't speeding... just too cheap to get a new set of pads and rotors.

16kOrBust

Established Member
That seems unreasonably high for a fine that shouldn't exist in the first place. I'm all for wearing seatbelts, always wear my seatbelt, and even feel uncomfortable just moving cars around a parking lot without one on, but I just don't see how you can force someone to wear one if they are of age and want to take that chance. It's no different than banning smoking altogether because you MIGHT get lung cancer. People know the risks and have that personal choice to make. Creating a law to control something that MIGHT hurt the user who knowingly did so without putting anyone else at risk just seems ridiculous to me.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
That seems unreasonably high for a fine that shouldn't exist in the first place. I'm all for wearing seatbelts, always wear my seatbelt, and even feel uncomfortable just moving cars around a parking lot without one on, but I just don't see how you can force someone to wear one if they are of age and want to take that chance. It's no different than banning smoking, alcohol, etc. Creating a law to control something that MIGHT hurt someone without putting anyone else at risk just seems ridiculous to me.

So if this is the case, then is it ridiculous to set speed limits, stoplights, lane markings? All those are laws to to control things that might hurt people. When's the last time you blew through a red light at 95mph in the wrong lane?

silver03svt

Established Member
Just like all other laws, it is a personal decision. But if you know what the law is and you choose to not follow it, then you know there are consequences when you are caught not following them. It's not rocket science.

My94GT

Established Member
simple- wear a seat belt and stop crying about it. please do post results when you get said 500hp cobra and run from the cops...op sounds badass :lol1:

yellowbra

Established Member
It was a suggestion. It's pretty hard to get a ticket for no seatbelt if you're wearing one. He broke the law and got caught, end of story.

For those who think it should be his decision if he wants to wear a seatbelt or not, I don't have a problem with that, but it doesn't make it any less idiotic. It's not really any different from people choosing not to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

Your right its not different. Because it is YOUR choice if you want to wear a helmet or not on a motorcycle. Where it is NOT your choice for a seatbelt in a car? I don't get it? How can they contradict themselves when they allow here and not there.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
That's bull sh*t but you got to wear the seatbelt. The air bag is going to kill you without it.

16kOrBust

Established Member
So if this is the case, then is it ridiculous to set speed limits, stoplights, lane markings? All those are laws to to control things that might hurt people. When's the last time you blew through a red light at 95mph in the wrong lane?

Those are not valid comparisons. The difference is that a seatbelt law only provides safety to the person making the choice to wear the seatbelt or not while the other laws are to provide a safe environment for EVERYONE using the road. That's the whole point of the argument.

If someone chooses not to wear a seatbelt, the only person they are putting at more risk is themself. If someone chooses not to obey a red light, they are risking their own safety and that of their passengers, along with that of drivers and passengers in other cars.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
Those are not valid comparisons. The difference is that a seatbelt law only provides safety to the person making the choice to wear the seatbelt or not while the other laws are to provide a safe environment for EVERYONE using the road. That's the whole point of the argument.

If someone chooses not to wear a seatbelt, the only person they are putting at more risk is themself. If someone chooses not to obey a red light, they are risking their own safety and that of their passengers, along with that of drivers and passengers in other cars.

Until you go work a crash and find an unbuckled rear seat passenger embed 10 of his front teeth into the back of the driver's head and kill them both (the driver would've survived bc she was buckled in). Or see an unbuckled person go through a windshield and through the sideglass of the car they T-boned and hit the other driver.

You people gottat think outside the box on these. Crashes don't always happen like you see on TV. Weird shit happens and those are the most times that the seatbelts work.

silver03svt

Established Member
Simple point of the fact is that the government built and owns the roadways. That gives them the right to create the laws that govern how we use them. Irregardless of whether or not we like them, or agree with them, they are there.

People are always gonna argue that it's personal choice. It's still a personal choice. You make that choice everytime you drive. You choose not to obey the law, then you choose to suck it up and take the punishment.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Until you go work a crash and find an unbuckled rear seat passenger embed 10 of his front teeth into the back of the driver's head and kill them both (the driver would've survived bc she was buckled in). Or see an unbuckled person go through a windshield and through the sideglass of the car they T-boned and hit the other driver.

You people gottat think outside the box on these. Crashes don't always happen like you see on TV. Weird shit happens and those are the most times that the seatbelts work.

This is a reasonable point, although if this is something of major concern then why is it not a law for the back seat passengers to wear a seatbelt (at least in this state)? It's more the contradiction here that bothers me but I'm not aware of what the law is in other states.

The "projectile person" reasoning is definitely valid, though.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Established Member
Unfortunately it isn't a law here for rear seat passengers, unless they are 17 or under. They have to wear a seatbelt no matter where they sit. I agree with most people, seatbelts are uncomfortable. No doubt about it. Especially when you're wearing a bullet proof vest and 14lbs of police equipment around your waste. But I can tell you from one specific incident, they do work.
People not wearing seatbelts tend to get ejected on roll-overs and even violent front or side impacts. It happens. But again, it still comes down to a choice made when you get in the car.
Sucks that the fines are that high. It's only $25 in VA. I think thats why we have such a high rate of people not wearing them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread