350 Lawsuit

zombiekiller

As a man a few days away from purchasing a 16 tech with 6k miles on it.....I have to ask you gentlemen a question:

As someone who won't be tracking, but will drive with some spirit for 10 to 15 mile stretches. Am I gonna have any issues? And what is the Ford fix for this and associated cost? I have access to an airfield with no planes on it.

50k was my line in the sand but a friend knowing this found me a gt350 I couldn't say no to. Enter the 53k car I spoke about above. The finances aren't crippling, it's just with no track version available to me within 5k of that, I've almost decided it's this 350 or bust. Then as I'm doing more research I stumbled into this thread.

Thanks for any answers or tips, not a troll, I promise.

If you happen to hit limp mode, adding coolers with electric pumps is not difficult. If you can follow different forum cooler install posts and have minor knowledge of auto mechanics, it will take you the better part of a day to do trans and differential coolers.

What will it cost you? if you go all top shelf parts, MAYBE $1500 if you **** up cutting lines and have to order more AN hose.

and yes, i did hit limp mode. I also had the tailhousing replaced on my trans under warranty.

instead of whining, i just fixed it by adding coolers. My trans stays at 165ish on 90+ degree days at the track now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think what happened with many of these over heats is that fluid was pushed and not replaced. So on the street all the sudden over heating, or possibly engine damaged causing street over heats
The best thing you can do is drill 3 holes in the rear differential, releases heat better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Voltwings

Established Member
I think what happened with many of these over heats is that fluid was pushed and not replaced. So on the street all the sudden over heating, or possibly engine damaged causing street over heats

I dont know how much validity there is to this claim, but i can certainly follow the thought process as it relates to engine (coolant) temps. Not sure it would be applicable to any of the oil systems, but stranger things have happened.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
J5K2grC.png
I dont know how much validity there is to this claim, but i can certainly follow the thought process as it relates to engine (coolant) temps. Not sure it would be applicable to any of the oil systems, but stranger things have happened.

Yeah Ford didn’t send to market a cooling problem child. The cars were pushed above 260f and cooling fluid was lost and never bleed, topped off afterwards, so In traffic on the streets she would over heat... for those who are ignorant of the limits, this article explains

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
lol... only this artical came up in a search and was available to me, it fully explains thow, and it applies to all water cooled combustion engins...this is why we need oil coolers, big pans, big rad’s because we love to push it and loose track of the time and the temp, anolog temp gages one for water, one for metal

MG0h3

Established Member
View attachment 1446227

Yeah Ford didn’t send to market a cooling problem child. The cars were pushed above 260f and cooling fluid was lost and never bleed, topped off afterwards, so In traffic on the streets she would over heat... for those who are ignorant of the limits, this article explains
Are you shitting me?

That article is ages old. Check the timing? Replace the fan clutch or put a steel blade fan on? Lmao. Ya, the physics of controlling a fluid's boiling point with pressure haven't changed but come on.

I don't think I've seen anybody talk about boiling over anywhere or losing coolant.

So the first model year had some issues with not having enough cooling for a car that spins 8+K rpm. BFD. Happens all the time. Unless I'm mistaken, its not an issue on the track pack cars or any of the cars that come standard with that package.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
Well um some things never change and believe it or not car’s still overheat....it does not seem strange that the R’s are not affected ?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
Well um some things never change and believe it or not car’s still overheat....it does not seem strange that the R’s are not affected ?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
No, because they all come with the extra cooling that all 350s with the track pack have and I believe 16 and up its standard. Not sure. But you can also get all the cooling stuff from Ford too if you didn't pay for the track pack.

Users who are viewing this thread