3M carbon fiber vinyl wrap

iveihman

97VMAN
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has used this stuff before. I have seen a bunch of people on youtube using it on interior and exterior trim pieces and would love to do the same, just wondering if anyone else has tried it and if you have any pictures?

iveihman

97VMAN
Established Member
Im probably gonna order some later today and follow youtube instructions for some of the interior pieces like the shift and radio bezels

ill post pics when and if i finish haha

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I have used a similar CF wrap. Its not too hard but takes some practice. You will need a hair dryer or heat gun to heat up the material and wrap it around each edge. As you wrap it around curved edges you pull it as much as you can to avoid wrinkles. I also used an x acto knife to cut little lines to allow the wrap more easily around curved edges. Most of these CF wraps allow you to reheat and reposition if needed. Again not hard but can be time consuming.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Like others have said, heat around corners is your friend. The vinyl looks great too, but it does have it's limitations. Too complex of a part and you're better off with hydro dipping.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Yeah I thought it would look cool so I bought a 6'x6' roll of it and my brother did a few pieces on the interior of his dd and then I decided against it. I was also going to do the roof on my sister's bmw 335i but decided not to after seeing it on my brothers car. He did a good job but it does look fake as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread