3rd Annual Mustang Show: ***Postponed till 8/21/2011....

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
The forecast is up to 100% heavy rain for the whole region including the show. I was looking forward to the ride more than the show and now it looks bust. I will be watching the weather closely. I don't plan to sit in the rain all day, baby the gas pedal, and mess up my engine compartment with road grime. What are your thoughts?

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
SHOW HAS BEEN POSTPONED!!!!!!!!!!

I just received this email from American Muscle. I told them that next weekend does not give enough time to plan ahead. Your thoughts? Here is the message:

We regret to inform you that the show scheduled for this Sunday (8/14) is being postponed until next Sunday (8/21), due to weather. We said rain or shine, but we really didn't think we'd be up against an 80%-100% chance of thunderstorms!

I can assure you we know how to throw a good party, but we don't know how to change the weather. The safety of volunteers, attendees (and most importantly the cars) comes first, and we simply can't risk having the show in these conditions.
We're really hoping to see all of you next weekend. Our apologies for the late notification, but we wanted to give our absolute best effort at hosting the show this weekend.
If you're from out of town and are in the neighborhood this weekend drop us a line at [email protected]
If you can't make it next weekend please email us at [email protected]

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
Got the same notification. I'm off next Sunday fortunately so I will be able to make it if the weather cooperates and hopefully mostly everyone else can as well so we can still have this awesome cruise!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I'm still down for next Sunday. Come'on everybody, let's show AM that MACA will still be a force to mess with when it comes to raindates!

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
The forecast is up to 100% heavy rain for the whole region including the show. I was looking forward to the ride more than the show and now it looks bust. I will be watching the weather closely. I don't plan to sit in the rain all day, baby the gas pedal, and mess up my engine compartment with road grime. What are your thoughts?

My exact reason for going...

But unfortunately I will be in the Dominican Republic that weekend... So I'm out.

Damn rain! It wouldn't hurt so bad if we had more cruises and did more as a club. I was looking forward to this... and since I don't see attending the OC cruise in October, I guess I'll see you guys next year.

:shrug:

Last edited:

AMDanBailer

Thanks for updating this thread, Ben!

I'm really sorry to everybody that can't make it next weekend, but the weather already looks like crap today and having a ton of 500+rwhp mustangs cruising in 2+ inches of rain is not safe.

Not to mention all the other safety factors that come into play with being in an open lot with rain/thunder/lightning.

P.S. check your email, Ben!

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I will be coming from Ocean City, MD so I will have to meet you at the Newark Stop. I need someone to coordinate from the Silver Spring stop and next 2.

Anyone coming up route 1 from the beaches???

AMChrisRose

Hey guys,

Unfortunately the car show has been postponed until next Sunday, same time, same location. We were going to try and sneak this thing in before the afternoon 40% chance of rain, but as of last night / early this morning, they've upgraded it to 70-100% chance of thunderstorms all day long, and we just can't compete with that! If it were just rain, no problem. Lightning is something we can't have for safety reasons with a dyno, metal speaker poles, metal poles for tents, etc.

Sorry for the late notification, but we wanted to give this thing every effort we could to make it happen, but last minute weather downgrades are something we cannot control. Thanks for your understanding!

I assure you that we know how to throw a party, and this thing will be awesome and worth the wait next week! Sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to see you guys next weekend!

If you’re from out of town and are in the neighborhood this weekend drop us a line at [email protected]. If you can't make it next weekend please email us at [email protected].

If you couldn't make it this weekend and can make it next weekend, well... be ready for 750 of the areas hottest Mustangs!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I will be coming from Ocean City, MD so I will have to meet you at the Newark Stop. I need someone to coordinate from the Silver Spring stop and next 2.

Anyone coming up route 1 from the beaches???

Im coming up from just north of Richmond VA. Wife and I are debating whether to drive up Sunday morning or get a hotel and stay up in Silver Spring on Saturday night. Let know if I can help in any way.

NickF1011

Established Member
I'm still in for the new date. Almost glad it got postponed. I was in OC this past weekend and wasn't looking like I was going to make it back in time for the cruise.

Let's try to get an updated tally so we can update the route/meeting spots if need be.

stsltd

Established Member
Really appreciate the organizers decision to postpone - I would have probably still gone up and based on the weather it would have been nasty.

Need to check / move a few things but so far still planning on going this Sunday

Dave

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Projected forecast has it looking FANTASTIC on Sunday. Sunny, Mid 80's and just a 10% chance of precipitation. Hopefully it stays that way. It is supposed to r ain most of this week, but it should be gone by show time.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Thanks to the postponement it looks like a 80% chance I'll be going. I know later this morning. Registration is back open on the AM website.:banana:

Anybody coming from the Sykesville/Westminster area wanting to cruise to the MD House spot?

Registered!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread