3rd Annual Mustang Show: ***Postponed till 8/21/2011....

rizjan67

Established Member
So are we meeting at same location same stops and same time on Sunday morning for car show?I mean if there is any changes plz let know.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Everything is the same except I am not coming from vacation at the beach and will meet you in Newark. I am looking for someone to take the lead from Silver Spring. I am also looking for anyone that's coming up from the beaches (DE).

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I am re-posting the stops and route map:

Check out this link PROPOSED ROUTE AND STOPS and provide feedback. I planned a short route around the toll between Elkton and Newark.

Here are some data points:

• Plan to make an entrance at 11:10 AM (?)
  • 15 minutes at each of the 4 stops (1 hour total)
  • Google Maps estimates 126 mi, 2 hours 25 mins
  • Leave Safeway in Silver Spring around 7:30 AM
  • I-95 North Welcome Center 7:55- 8:10 AM
  • Maryland House Rest area, I-95 Northbound, Aberdeen 9:15-9:30 AM
  • Elkton McDonald's 10:05-10:20
  • Show @ Delaware County Community College 11:10 AM

Regards,

Ben

stang8psi

Established Member
Everything is the same except I am not coming from vacation at the beach and will meet you in Newark. I am looking for someone to take the lead from Silver Spring. I am also looking for anyone that's coming up from the beaches (DE).

I live in Smyrna, DE It's right off RT1 Just past Dover. I can meet you and Than we can go up to meet everyone else. I was going to go but not show my car!

viper82489

Established Member
Registered today so you can count me in.

Ben, Ill be in be in OC sunday morning, what time were you planing on leaving? We could possibly meet somewhere down there and cruise up.

Also wouldn't it be easier to meet at the rest stop on 95 in DE rather than the McD's on newark elkton rd? Not trying to screw up everyone's plans just throwing it out there. The rest stop is a little easier on and off.

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member

Ben, Ill be in be in OC sunday morning, what time were you planing on leaving? We could possibly meet somewhere down there and cruise up.

Also wouldn't it be easier to meet at the rest stop on 95 in DE rather than the McD's on newark elkton rd? Not trying to screw up everyone's plans just throwing it out there. The rest stop is a little easier on and off.

I would think so myself.. the de rest stop would be much easier than the McDonald's..
Viper I registered for the show also. Do you wanna meet at the wawa off exit 114 on rt 1 at like 8:30-9?

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
there is a wawa right off the exit, the south Smyrna exit 114. What time do you want to meet up there

I updated the Map to include the Fox Sun&Surf Theatre at 143rd street OC and the WAWA at the South Smyrna Exit.

We will need to leave the WAWA at 500 Jimmy Dr., Smyrna, DE 19977 at 9:15 AM to get to the MacDonald's stop in Elkton by 10 AM. We need to leave OC
at 7:30 AM to have a few minutes at WAWA.

Here is the latest stops and route map:

Check out this link PROPOSED ROUTE AND STOPS and provide feedback. I planned a short route around the toll between Elkton and Newark.

Here are some data points:

From DC/Baltimore:
  • Plan to make an entrance at 11:10 AM (?)
  • 15 minutes at each of the stops
  • Google Maps estimates 126 mi, 2 hours 25 mins
  • Leave Safeway in Silver Spring around 7:30 AM
  • I-95 North Welcome Center 7:55- 8:10 AM
  • Maryland House Rest area, I-95 Northbound, Aberdeen 9:15-9:30 AM
  • Show @ Delaware County Community College 11:10 AM

From Ocean City, Maryland:
  • Fox Sun&Surf Theatre at 143rd St. 7:30-7:40 AM
  • WAWA at 500 Jimmy Dr., Smyrna 9:00-9:15

BRING YOUR FRS WALKIE TALKIES TUNED TO CHANNEL 1 !!

Regards,

Ben

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member

I picked McDonald's on recommendation of a MACA member on the cruise because we can bypass the expensive toll booth going here.

97StangSVT

Established Member
That McDonalds was just renovated and it has a decent amount of parking as well. Plus food and bathrooms, you can't go wrong! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread