4 Fog Lights (2 per bezel)

lodhammerdin

WHPLD03
Established Member
101808_121600.gif

dsc00255hz.jpg

dsc00259vm.jpg

dsc00258ej.jpg

looks bad ass dude!!! get some night shots with them on bro...

Digital

Established Member
im sorry...that looks like complete ass...just looks bad

I can't even imagine how retarded that must look for oncoming traffic

I'd say it looks exactly like 1 light... but with one right next to it.. having troubles with mental images?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Hmm how many people have ducts running to their brakes? Ya, i'd image not many.

I do and venture to say there are more Cobra's with brake cooling ducts than 4 fog lights. I noticed a BIG difference on highway off-ramps. If you want more light go HID fogs, you almost don't need headlights.

You can see the black ducts below, more low-profile than the orange above.

DSC_0886.gif

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Take a night time pic about 20 or 30 feet away. Im just curious how it looks when they are on

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I actually like it, but to be honest the brake cooling tubes are even sweeter!!

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
...to be honest the brake cooling tubes are even sweeter!!
Totally agree.. That's one thing i've always loved about the cobra (to a degree) Some of the accessories were actually purpose built.. i.e. heat extractor hood vents & brake cooling ducts.. Now for the fake side scoops :rolleyes::nonono:

**Edit**
BTW IMO i hate the idea of the four fogs..

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I do and venture to say there are more Cobra's with brake cooling ducts than 4 fog lights. I noticed a BIG difference on highway off-ramps. If you want more light go HID fogs, you almost don't need headlights.

You can see the black ducts below, more low-profile than the orange above.

DSC_0886.gif
Can you tell me where you got your cooling ducts from?

Digital

Established Member
post night pics with them on bro... common...

1 ballast was DOA so I'm waiting to get it in. The only down side is the inner set are slightly more clear because they are new, I'll have to buff the outside ones so they arent as hazy.

To all the people saying the brake ducts would have been better they would have not because I could not fit them past my turbo piping, I actually looked into that mod some time ago. I felt that there was way too much going on in my passenger side fender well to add more to it. But thanks anyways.

Last edited:

03mgtermi

Established Member
sweet! didn't even know that brake cooling kit was available. looks like i found another thing to add to the list of future projects. my brakes are stock and i can tell an obvious difference in braking power when they get really hot. enough to make me nervous about them if i had to stop quickly twice in a row.

i have 8,000K HID hi's/lo's and fogs (thanks HIDguy!) ppl flash brights at me enough as it is if i run with my fogs on...and all my lenses are smoked...doesn't seem to dim the lights any.

don't hate the idea of more light though and i think it looks fine. doubt oncoming traffic can tell the difference anyway. they are too close together to separate at long distance and its probably like driving into the sun at short distances lol.

to each his own i guess. can't wait to see night pics when u get 'em

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I've thought of doing it. Like the post above said, oncoming traffic probably can't tell the difference. And more light is always good.

Besides, there is one hell of a good precedent:
1986 Ferrari 288 GTO (these go for < $1mil now)
ferrari_288_gto.jpg

(yeah, FOUR fog/driving lights, plus the regular pop up headlights.)

lodhammerdin

WHPLD03
Established Member
1 ballast was DOA so I'm waiting to get it in. The only down side is the inner set are slightly more clear because they are new, I'll have to buff the outside ones so they arent as hazy.

To all the people saying the brake ducts would have been better they would have not because I could not fit them past my turbo piping, I actually looked into that mod some time ago. I felt that there was way too much going on in my passenger side fender well to add more to it. But thanks anyways.

gotcha man, cant wait to see them in action

99gtstinger

Established Member
i did it when i had my GT--I had my windshield tinted pretty dark and spent a lot of time driving on dark highways to school and back and they helped out..

on the next cobra would I do it? not sure--

see pics

IMG_2532.gif

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

99gtstinger

Established Member
not 100% sure..it was a long time ago

at the time, I thought I was cool and I bought "halo" fog lights off of ebay (no name brand). I bought 4" for the bigger opening and 3" for the smaller opening and used some extreme glue compound I had laying around to get them in there.

Digital

Established Member
not 100% sure..it was a long time ago

at the time, I thought I was cool and I bought "halo" fog lights off of ebay (no name brand). I bought 4" for the bigger opening and 3" for the smaller opening and used some extreme glue compound I had laying around to get them in there.

lol @ extreme glue compound. Same thing I did, I made some little brackets too and epoxied the crap out of them and secured the light with that as well.
Your car looks really good, while the lights are off the inner ones arent my favorite but they still look good and with the lights on it looks mint.

I made the slight mistake of doing this project near xmas time and am now hard pressed to find a ballast to finish.. that and theres atleast 10"s of snow surrounding my car lol..

dsc00287fm.jpg

99gtstinger

Established Member
yeah, if it wasn't for that stupid halo/angel eye ring they would have looked a little darker and then would have been harder to see--

if I could find some smaller ones that are dark tinted I think I would do it again--it would help out on the late night canyon drives

Users who are viewing this thread