400 RWHP NA build

poisoned apple

Established Member
Yes it is !!!!

Did you dyno on race fuel or pump gas and still with 39 lb injectors? I have a similar build in progress but not exactly the same on approx. 11.4 compression and just mild head work. I'm using 42 lbs injectors when its done.

I believe 93 and yes just 39# injectors.
What intake are you using?
What's your goal horsepower?

1WVCAT

Established Member
I believe 93 and yes just 39# injectors.
What intake are you using?
What's your goal horsepower?

I'm using a 01 Cobra intake/TB initially. Planning on having it ported. So not as good as yours for sure. A little bit smaller cams. Heads are 04 Marauder with 1MM os valves otherwise stock. Looking for 375 at the wheels with HP peaking around 6500 RPM with max RPM 7100. Have a 125 dry shot on I'll be using on top the motor numbers.

Those are really good numbers on your build. I've been watching this to somewhat gauge mine. I should have mine together late April if all holds true. The bottom end is a built teksid by L & M Race engines. Just trying to get the rest together and get it back in the car. This is a 4 Valve transplant.

poisoned apple

Established Member
I'm using a 01 Cobra intake/TB initially. Planning on having it ported. So not as good as yours for sure. A little bit smaller cams. Heads are 04 Marauder with 1MM os valves otherwise stock. Looking for 375 at the wheels with HP peaking around 6500 RPM with max RPM 7100. Have a 125 dry shot on I'll be using on top the motor numbers.

Those are really good numbers on your build. I've been watching this to somewhat gauge mine. I should have mine together late April if all holds true. The bottom end is a built teksid by L & M Race engines. Just trying to get the rest together and get it back in the car. This is a 4 Valve transplant.

375 might be a little optimistic. But maybe not!

Thanks man. If you start a build thread let me know! I'll Sub!

1WVCAT

Established Member
Thanks man! Idk what ecu.

Should be in the car by next weekend.

Will the ECU support that RPM? If peak HP is at 8K what would your shift points be around 8600??

I'm interested in seeing the wheel dyno results once you have it in the car.

Great build. Good luck!!!!

poisoned apple

Established Member
Will the ECU support that RPM? If peak HP is at 8K what would your shift points be around 8600??

I'm interested in seeing the wheel dyno results once you have it in the car.

Great build. Good luck!!!!

I'm sure it will with tuning?
Maybe 7500-7600 shifting.

Thanks man! Stay tuned and you'll see!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
there are some issues with some ECU's not all.. Mine would be one of the ones that had a issue and cost me 3 engines.. So now I'm on a stand alone.. Are ECU's sometimes fire injectors at the incorrect time. It can't really be caught unless you have a AFR reader for every primary. I nuked the same cylinder the same way for every engine. All my engines didn't last more than 13k miles either.. not one of them. I would highly recommend a stand alone. I have a full on FAST XFI/XIM setup for sale for a crazy good price.. Picked up a sponsorship so I don't need it. Your ECU might not have any issues though. But the way that I see it is, will all these nice high end builds why take a chance ya know.

1WVCAT

Established Member
I was wondering about that!

It was my understanding from a very reputable source that most of the 96-98 ECU's were somewhat limited to a max of about 7200 RPM.

I don't know that to be actually true but had been told that. I'm planning to keep mine at that or slightly lower.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
there are some issues with some ECU's not all.. Mine would be one of the ones that had a issue and cost me 3 engines.. So now I'm on a stand alone.. Are ECU's sometimes fire injectors at the incorrect time. It can't really be caught unless you have a AFR reader for every primary. I nuked the same cylinder the same way for every engine. All my engines didn't last more than 13k miles either.. not one of them. I would highly recommend a stand alone. I have a full on FAST XFI/XIM setup for sale for a crazy good price.. Picked up a sponsorship so I don't need it. Your ECU might not have any issues though. But the way that I see it is, will all these nice high end builds why take a chance ya know.

Reading your problems and then researching a bit made me look to the Pro M EFI for my Cobra

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yep I was going to run a FAST setup until I picked up a sponsorship for a the Holley Dominator EFI.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I spin my 98 to 7500. On the dyno it didn't break up. Curve was smooth. I only stopped due to a 4.162 stroke with heavy H-beam rods. lol.

-Mark

1WVCAT

Established Member
I spin my 98 to 7500. On the dyno it didn't break up. Curve was smooth. I only stopped due to a 4.162 stroke with heavy H-beam rods. lol.

-Mark

That gives me reason to speak to Todd again and maybe make some slight changes to what I've got planned. If I knew for certain mine would rev that high (7500 RPM) without difficulties I'd just need to tweak a couple things with the intake.

The rest of the set-up should handle it easily enough.

425 to the wheels is very nice. I'd be so lucky LOL!!!!!

poisoned apple

Established Member
Got some work done today.
Engine is in, wiring almost done, and some custom touches added.
2bd3a7be88c6fb858c2851b60a749ce6.jpg
0febbb6b54fa8ed14a7280bc651407e1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread