450/478 with 2.76, boltons???

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
Well I needed a new tune (switched to a 2.76 from 2.8) plus I wanted to check out MD Motorsports because i will be up there in a fall for a blower swap. Anyway I went up there today and had Ken tune the car . . . Came out with 451/478 or something like that . . . AF is 11.6-11.8 across the board. My mods are:

2.76 with 100mm idler
JLT
Mac prochamber
Mac 3" CB
4.10s
NGK TR6s (.035)
SCT chip

Is it just me or is this low on the hp side??? I believe he said it was dynojet #s. . . I have a new clutch as well so i know thats not slipping.

I have 18" HREs (11" wide in rear with 315 pilots). . . I have seen a thread where someone said they lost power when they went with 18" wheels (especially wide ones), but me and ken didnt really know if that had to do with it.

Tucker

I thought MD had a Mustang dyno?
I could very well be wrong, but I thought they did.
If so those #'s are about right.
Jay

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Ken tuned my car and they have a dynojet. I don't think the numbers are off. A lot of my buddies were putting up very similar numbers with the same mods. Steigemeier says 60 HP from ported eaton, TB, plenum and if you check my numbers from a 2.76 Steig ported eaton, TB, plenum you're right where you should be.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Gotta think about the weather playing a part in those #'s also, probably pretty hot where you are. Add some power to those with some cooler air. :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's about what I had before I ported the blower. Catback, X-pipe, Accufab, Steeda CAI, 2.90 upper, Denso plugs and Amazon tune -- 457rwhp and 484rwtq.

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
before I ported my blower I was running 2.76,k&n cai,magnaflow and had it dyno tune, I got 457rwhp 481rwtq std.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Not that far off ...(at least that's what I think)
Why???
Elevation??? Cali has elevations all over the place ... where were you at the time???
Air quality and temp<--- very big deal ... they can adjust all they want but heat soaked engines and thin hot air make low numbers...
ROTATIONAL MASS and mass at the extreme outer diameter(tires) does play a huge role...

I'm not an engineer... but I wish I was!!!!(major wanna be there)

Jimmy :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that his number are probably close to the norm. The weather conditions play into this, too. Dyno on a hot and humid day and you'll lose 10-20rwhp depending on the air temp. Dynos are a blessing and a curse. They provide good information but day to day the variables can affect the numbers. And sometimes we get too focused on the numbers. And then our mind starts to race with thoughts of is it good, is it bad, etc. I know because I've been there and done that. I say your numbers are pretty good. You might get a tad more by tweaking the tune. Maybe yes. Maybe no.
:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread