460whp/390wtq SAE!!!

mhyjek

Established Member
Well wont be headed up this weekend. Have more work to do then expected. I apparently smoked my factory torsen carrier. Making some nice clicking/grinding noises. So changing it out to a carbon clutched cobra posi and new bearings all the way around. Adding my BMR panhard bar to replace my junk aluminium one. Also adding a BMR differential upper bushing where the third link is. That should get rid of the remaining deflection in the rear end. Then cutting down the GT rear springs i have to the correct ride height and setting the proper geometry. Should work nice when all set and done. Just going to need a solid 26.5" slick now.
That sucks, I have a BMR adjustable one great piece to center the wheels and add performance but heavier than stock maybe one or two pounds well worth it thought! I would add the bmr third link and relocation brackets as well to it well add weight but it will cut your 60 foot times down as well plus the weight is over the rear and non rotational mass so just put a little less gas and you will be the same race weight.

EJR

Established Member
I already have all that. Have the billet aluminium lowers... the adjustable upper.

mhyjek

Established Member
I already have all that. Have the billet aluminium lowers... the adjustable upper.
Wow and your 60 foot was 1.9 your rear must be toast then. When you get it done your ET should drop at least 4 tenths

svt1111

Established Member
I was there the day he ran at NED. The car is really nasty sounding! I've always thought Ferrari had the best sounding, high revving V8, but I've had to recant my position since hearing Evan's cars. Wow!

Guys, this car is making the power he says it is. I've got a lot of experience with the dyno he's been to, as well as the track. NED is about 2-3 MPH slow compared to other tracks. The prep is very, very inconsistent. The day we were there, they had a huge showing of X275 cars. If you ran right after them, the track was perfect. However, if you ran slightly before them, they'd spray VHT all over the place WITHOUT dragging it in. Every street car that tried launching in the wet VHT was robbed of a clean pass due to massive tire spin. But that's how this track is run- the street guys get no respect there at all.

For Evan to trap 122 mph here, tells me he'd trap 124-125 all day long elsewhere with the same DA.

Awesome car though-

mhyjek

Established Member
I was there the day he ran at NED. The car is really nasty sounding! I've always thought Ferrari had the best sounding, high revving V8, but I've had to recant my position since hearing Evan's cars. Wow!

Guys, this car is making the power he says it is. I've got a lot of experience with the dyno he's been to, as well as the track. NED is about 2-3 MPH slow compared to other tracks. The prep is very, very inconsistent. The day we were there, they had a huge showing of X275 cars. If you ran right after them, the track was perfect. However, if you ran slightly before them, they'd spray VHT all over the place WITHOUT dragging it in. Every street car that tried launching in the wet VHT was robbed of a clean pass due to massive tire spin. But that's how this track is run- the street guys get no respect there at all.

For Evan to trap 122 mph here, tells me he'd trap 124-125 all day long elsewhere with the same DA.

Awesome car though-
your car runs fast where did you put your best time at? What was your 60 ft?

SCalla1384

Established Member
I'm friends with Evan, I'm not saying anything bad. But NED is not a slow track. NED is an average track, and the prep has gotten MUCH better since they went NHRA.

To say NED is 2-3mph slower then other tracks is kind of a misleading statement. Maybe compared to downhill tracks but what does that matter? Not racing there much. There's plenty of other tracks he'd run 2-3mph slower. So I just don't see the argument there....

NED is 90' above sea level. I was getting 1.72-1.76 60' stock suspension with nt555R's on a street night (known for shit prep)

There's still a good amount left in his car. He might hate me for saying this, but just more seat time alone will help. There's a difference between shifting good and launching the car. A few tweaks and seat time he should have no problem hooking up.

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
I'm friends with Evan, I'm not saying anything bad. But NED is not a slow track. NED is an average track, and the prep has gotten MUCH better since they went NHRA.

To say NED is 2-3mph slower then other tracks is kind of a misleading statement. Maybe compared to downhill tracks but what does that matter? Not racing there much. There's plenty of other tracks he'd run 2-3mph slower. So I just don't see the argument there....

NED is 90' above sea level. I was getting 1.72-1.76 60' stock suspension with nt555R's on a street night (known for shit prep)

There's still a good amount left in his car. He might hate me for saying this, but just more seat time alone will help. There's a difference between shifting good and launching the car. A few tweaks and seat time he should have no problem hooking up.

He shouldn't be mad at all if he is your friend. Obviously Evans car flies and he can bang gears but launching a car is completely different. With more seat time and practice it will not only be a monster on the street like it is now but will do great at the track.

EJR

Established Member
Regardless of what is said... I know what Ill do at NED.. then at Atco when I go. Everyones a know it all. Everyone at the track was trying to tell me how to drive the car. Im not stupid. I tried handing the keys to other people and then peoples tones changed. NO ONE is driving my car better then me. When I say a clutch wont slip... it wont. When i say the car isnt shifting, its not (i proved myself right there too when everyone said i couldnt shit, i said it was a mechanical problem....hey look at that...fixed the mechanicals, now i get a lot of attention about my shifts. Same will happen with launches). When I say the suspension isnt working right, its not. Bottom line... I know whats up with the car and what needs to be done. I made 2 passes at the track, and said its not right...im going to break something. The suspension was having geometry problems. Sure enough... my torsen diff is junk, my pinion bearings are junk, and so are my wheel bearings. Funny because people said it was fine... yea tell that to the broken parts. Luckily its apart now and being fixed with better parts. The good note is the cobra posi unit weighs 8lbs less then the torsen diff. Idk why the torsen is considered an upgrade from the factory. Its junk. I just wish people would listen to me when i tell them whats going on with it, rather then them instantly try and tell me when im doing wrong. I had 18lbs in the tires... i was told that was wayyyyyy too high. They dropped them to 12lbs. Hey look my 60 ft didnt drop at all but my mph did. Progress!!!

Im not trying to sound bitter... but im tired of hearing about "seat time" and advice how to set the car up... and i dont know how to drive. I understand you will have to dial a car in. But i would dare anyone to run faster then 11.69 at 122 with what i brought to the track that day. Bottom line... im the only one who drove the car... I know whats going on with it. Not anyone else.

Expect my next track visit to be a solid half second faster, 1.5X 60s, and roughly 124mph at NED. Then once its dialed, im going to atco for the glory internet pass. And this isnt towards anyone specifically...

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
He shouldn't be mad at all if he is your friend. Obviously Evans car flies and he can bang gears but launching a car is completely different. With more seat time and practice it will not only be a monster on the street like it is now but will do great at the track.

This is what I was getting at.

And Evan you should **** slap whoever old you to bring the nittos down to 12psi. Start at 24psi and work your way from there. Below 18-16psi theyre pretty much going to start to "cup"

I believe in seat time. If you disagree with me or not. I think anytime you get more time practicing launch rpm and what not only helps. I said the car will go 11.3's around 124mph. I still think that.

EJR

Established Member
This is what I was getting at.

And Evan you should **** slap whoever old you to bring the nittos down to 12psi. Start at 24psi and work your way from there. Below 18-16psi theyre pretty much going to start to "cup"

I believe in seat time. If you disagree with me or not. I think anytime you get more time practicing launch rpm and what not only helps. I said the car will go 11.3's around 124mph. I still think that.

If I told you that powershifting your car as it sat at 7800 rpm just took seat time....what would uou say? Because we both know you wouldn't agree with me. And that's the same issue with me. When there's a mechanical problem....there's nothing seat time will do to fix it. Youre aware I cut a faster 60 ft with this car on street tires and the stock clutch right? It is what it is... suspension, tire,, and clutch combo just weren't able to cut it. I was happy to pull a 1.90 after the way that car felt

ford20

Established Member
Luckily its apart now and being fixed with better parts. The good note is the cobra posi unit weighs 8lbs less then the torsen diff. Idk why the torsen is considered an upgrade from the factory. Its junk.

Because our cars were meant for the road course and most dealers just chose to order the Torsen. We all know that the Torsen doesn't like the shock from launching the cars and burnouts. Is there any real specific reason for the cobra unit other than weight savings?

86merc

Established Member
Probably because they are cheap, have been proven to work over the years and are easily rebuild able. As well as you can add extra clutches in it to make the limited slip break away even higher.

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
Because our cars were meant for the road course and most dealers just chose to order the Torsen. We all know that the Torsen doesn't like the shock from launching the cars and burnouts. Is there any real specific reason for the cobra unit other than weight savings?

Price pretty much and for my power level... there is NO reason to go for a tru trac. 8lbs is a lot of weight to me especially since im all about drivetrain weight removal. This torsen is just one more reason i should have bought a GT since im all about straight line...not about corners -__-. Im hoping my new BMR panhard bar and upper control arm diff bushing solve most of my wheel hop issues. I had a J&M aluminium one in that thing thing is a joke. I can literally bend it by hand...so i can only imagine how much deflection thats causing. Once that stuff is done... gotta properly setup the geometry and get some front coil overs. My roush springs arent light enough and there almost 0 lift from them. After the suspension is taken care of... gotta get a set of rear wheels/slicks.

Then brakes all the way around....
Then a cobra jet setup....

Ugh...money...

edit: I also had a pinion bearing that was junk as well. I noticed that the last few times i was on the dyno, i had consistantly lost 4-5whp. I originally blamed air. Bearing was getting worse and worse. When we pulled the rear end apart... turning the pinion by hand was not easy... So between -8lbs off the carrier... and a fresh spinning bearing set... should be worth a bit of power. Ill put it back on the dyno and confirm this at some point.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
A well setup diff should be hard to turn the pinion anyway. You don't want it loose..

EJR

Established Member
A well setup diff should be hard to turn the pinion anyway. You don't want it loose..

I understand that... but theres a difference between a smooth moving pinion and a pinion that is notchy and makes noise

Users who are viewing this thread