460whp/390wtq SAE!!!

EJR

Established Member
I've seen a ton of your video's, when your 60ft comes down (throw some slicks on it) your car is going to ****ing fly.

-Thomas

Appreciate it!

Steel panhard bar
gt rear springs
adjust the suspension properly
26 inch slicks
6500rpm clutch dumps

86merc

Established Member
Slicks and high rpm launch will shave ET easy. Leaving harder may help bring the mph as you are adding power sooner in the run. But then again a slick can hide some mph too. My car with the stock intake went 11.44 but only at 116 mph. That was on a 28 Hoosier stiff wall. That mph seems low for that ET. Gotta be because of the slicks and headwind that night.

Good luck with the clutch. Did you install a new slave cylinder when you did the conversion?

EJR

Established Member
Slicks and high rpm launch will shave ET easy. Leaving harder may help bring the mph as you are adding power sooner in the run. But then again a slick can hide some mph too. My car with the stock intake went 11.44 but only at 116 mph. That was on a 28 Hoosier stiff wall. That mph seems low for that ET. Gotta be because of the slicks and headwind that night.

Good luck with the clutch. Did you install a new slave cylinder when you did the conversion?

I expect to gain 1.5-2mph with a strong 60 ft at NED. I expect to be right at 124mph at that track. While a slick can hide mph yes... Ill take a slick at 12-15psi for mph any day over a DR at 12-15psi to pull harder in the back half. A drag radial is just not optimal at that psi... but it was what i had to do for the day...

As far as the clutch. No new slave. Any shifting issues came from the stock pressure plate hanging up at WOT.

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
I expect to gain 1.5-2mph with a strong 60 ft at NED. I expect to be right at 124mph at that track. While a slick can hide mph yes... Ill take a slick at 12-15psi for mph any day over a DR at 12-15psi to pull harder in the back half. A drag radial is just not optimal at that psi... but it was what i had to do for the day...

As far as the clutch. No new slave. Any shifting issues came from the stock pressure plate hanging up at WOT.

Regardless of your track times and trap speeds your car runs very hard on the street.....to me that's what is important.

mhyjek

Established Member
lol it must be a happy vbox too?

I still have yet to ever see a stock c6 z06 out trap 121 at NED. But sure... they do 130mph stock :rollseyes.

Maybe i should drive down to cecil and out trap JJ... then will my dyno still be happy? My car made 391 stock on this dyno and i have kept track of every single bit of power I have pulled out of the car...

Keeping up with everyone on the internet is so tiring. What do you run at the track with yours?

11.2 @ 128 mph DA 2800 at island in NJ had some tuning issues with meth. Will get out in 2 weeks just put a new clutch in will run without meth. So as it sits should be good run with you according to all your street videos. Dynos are great for tuning mine said 620 ish to the wheels but by my last track time more like 500 will see without meth the way the car was originally tuned. I'm not trying to say your car isn't fast but dynos are for tuning and the track and street tell the story.

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member

Oh, I thought you had a aftermarket clutch in the car. Seems slave cylinders failing in the 2005 and up cars is not too uncommon. And that is when you get goofy clutch pedal dis engagement locations and such.

I am sure the ET will drop significantly with a slick. That is what really matters anyways. Good luck

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Maybe a better drag radial

I believe there is a balance, claiming good numbers with a full slick is cool but being able to drive 100 miles to track and go straight to the staging lanes and run is another thing. Believe that is what makes a true street car. However I will say everything runs better with more traction. Also remember if you go with a 28 inch tall tire you are effectively decreasing your rear end ratio numerically. So if 28 inch tall tires are in your future I would go with a 4.30 gear or higher otherwise stick with a 26 inch tire. Just my .02 cents. Nice vids and runs by the way.

86merc

Established Member
All I do is swap the rear tires at the track. Doesn't make it a race car. I daily drive my car, so I refuse to even run a drag radial due to rain and snow traction concerns. So a slick is a better choice if I have to swap tires anyways. Plus the local tracks around here swing wildly as far as prep goes from day to day. Heck, even hour by hour. Being consistent on a drag radial, with a stick car in a street car is very hard.

I prefer to be consistent and show a better ET. Other people like to show MPH as a "better" degree of performance while drag racing. To each their own.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
LOL one person mentions AED in this forum and everyone jumps on that person so fast.. the guy makes good tunes guys, but lets not make him seem like there's no other options or better yet ones better than his.

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
11.2 @ 128 mph DA 2800 at island in NJ had some tuning issues with meth. Will get out in 2 weeks just put a new clutch in will run without meth. So as it sits should be good run with you according to all your street videos. Dynos are great for tuning mine said 620 ish to the wheels but by my last track time more like 500 will see without meth the way the car was originally tuned. I'm not trying to say your car isn't fast but dynos are for tuning and the track and street tell the story.
Im not sure I understand.... you said me making 455whp and going 122 was a happy dyno...but you making 620 and going 128 wasnt?
Oh, I thought you had a aftermarket clutch in the car. Seems slave cylinders failing in the 2005 and up cars is not too uncommon. And that is when you get goofy clutch pedal dis engagement locations and such.

I am sure the ET will drop significantly with a slick. That is what really matters anyways. Good luck
I have a mcleod RST in the car
I believe there is a balance, claiming good numbers with a full slick is cool but being able to drive 100 miles to track and go straight to the staging lanes and run is another thing. Believe that is what makes a true street car. However I will say everything runs better with more traction. Also remember if you go with a 28 inch tall tire you are effectively decreasing your rear end ratio numerically. So if 28 inch tall tires are in your future I would go with a 4.30 gear or higher otherwise stick with a 26 inch tire. Just my .02 cents. Nice vids and runs by the way.

Im actually going to a 26.5 inch slick.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Awesome

Im not sure I understand.... you said me making 455whp and going 122 was a happy dyno...but you making 620 and going 128 wasnt?

I have a mcleod RST in the car

Im actually going to a 26.5 inch slick.
Coool make sure you post times. Good Luck.

mhyjek

Established Member

Like I stated before the dyno "said" 620 but the track numbers support 500 or so. FYI before the blower with boss IM, headers and exhaust the car went 12.2 at 121 mph with street tires and 3.73 shifting into 5th at 3850 weight, never dynoed it so no clue on #'s but doubt it had more than 420 to the wheels. Just heard from my shop and the clutch should be done this week so I will get track numbers in two weeks, need to break in clutch... Won't be spraying meth this time and my afr should stay at 11.5 instead of the 10.4 I saw when spraying at the track that night.

EJR

Established Member
Well i hope it works out for you. But you will see a good ET drop from me along with a slight mph increase...all without dropping any weight or making anymore power.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
LOL one person mentions AED in this forum and everyone jumps on that person so fast.. the guy makes good tunes guys, but lets not make him seem like there's no other options or better yet ones better than his.

There always has to be that one guy that has to say something stupid, I'm guessing that's you. :burn:

mhyjek

Established Member
Well i hope it works out for you. But you will see a good ET drop from me along with a slight mph increase...all without dropping any weight or making anymore power.
OK I'll be up in Boston in 3 wks maybe we can run them then... No dynos or tracks just two cars on the same day same DA and video cameras to see whats up.

mhyjek

Established Member
Not quite should how you got "lets race" out of "good luck".
I saw all your video wins figured while I was up in your area you could chalk one more up... Good luck with your car hopefully you meet your goals. Can't wait to get my car back and get the clutch broken in, because to date my track numbers and 60-130 #s are almost identical to the ones you have in your sig.

EJR

Established Member
My 60-130 numbers are much more optimal then my track times/trap. Ideally a perfect pass at Atco in low da would run me 126-127mph trap. I am eventually going to make a trip to Atco to see just how generous those hero times/traps are. But i wont bother until this car is running at 100% before hand

EJR

Established Member
Well wont be headed up this weekend. Have more work to do then expected. I apparently smoked my factory torsen carrier. Making some nice clicking/grinding noises. So changing it out to a carbon clutched cobra posi and new bearings all the way around. Adding my BMR panhard bar to replace my junk aluminium one. Also adding a BMR differential upper bushing where the third link is. That should get rid of the remaining deflection in the rear end. Then cutting down the GT rear springs i have to the correct ride height and setting the proper geometry. Should work nice when all set and done. Just going to need a solid 26.5" slick now.

Users who are viewing this thread