460whp/390wtq SAE!!!

SCalla1384

Established Member
I think you'll do 11.3-4. NT555R's holding you back. Set of slicks, be in the 10.8 range or faster. Definitely trap around 124-126mph. Good luck man.

Voltwings

Established Member
The aerospace brakes say they are not vented and will warp under street driving conditions ... i would imagine slamming the brakes after a pass at 120+ Will get them hotter than being on the street, and thats likely just in there to cover their ass, but what do i know.

Ford Mustang 8.8 Rear Drag Race 4 Piston Disc Brakes 5.0L GT Cobra AC-548 - Aerospace Components - TREperformance.com

Also, let me just make sure my logic is correct here.
For all practical purposes, lets just say the safe limit on a stock engine is 600, so with a supercharger / turbo / whatever, i set my tune to make 550 to be safe. I then proceed to take massive weight out of the drivetrain as done here, and dyno (again, for arguments sake) 625 or something. The engine is still in a safe zone correct, because for all practical purposes its still making "550" whp, its just the loss of rotational mass that has "increased efficiency," so to speak?

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
The aerospace brakes say they are not vented and will warp under street driving conditions ... i would imagine slamming the brakes after a pass at 120+ Will get them hotter than being on the street, and thats likely just in there to cover their ass, but what do i know.

Ford Mustang 8.8 Rear Drag Race 4 Piston Disc Brakes 5.0L GT Cobra AC-548 - Aerospace Components - TREperformance.com

Also, let me just make sure my logic is correct here.
For all practical purposes, lets just say the safe limit on a stock engine is 600, so with a supercharger / turbo / whatever, i set my tune to make 550 to be safe. I then proceed to take massive weight out of the drivetrain as done here, and dyno (again, for arguments sake) 625 or something. The engine is still in a safe zone correct, because for all practical purposes its still making "550" whp, its just the loss of rotational mass that has "increased efficiency," so to speak?

They make both a street brake and a drag brake. Ill link you to the correct part numbers. Im going to run the street brakes in the the front, and the drags in the back. I want the extra weight off the driveline. 90% of your stopping power comes from the front. Ive never warped a rear brake...ever.

Fronts:

4 Piston Pro Street Front Drilled, Slotted, Plated Brake Kit 07-10 Mustang (Hat Style)

Rears:

2005-2010 Mustang Rear Drag Race Brake Kit

Voltwings

Established Member
They make both a street brake and a drag brake. Ill link you to the correct part numbers. Im going to run the street brakes in the the front, and the drags in the back. I want the extra weight off the driveline. 90% of your stopping power comes from the front. Ive never warped a rear brake...ever.

Fronts:

4 Piston Pro Street Front Drilled, Slotted, Plated Brake Kit 07-10 Mustang (Hat Style)

Rears:

2005-2010 Mustang Rear Drag Race Brake Kit

I had a feeling the backs would be fine and they're just saying that to cover their ass. An expensive lesson to learn the hard way though.

EJR

Established Member
Well boys, ended the day with 2 back to back 11.69s at 122.XX with a 1.90 ft each. Shes running well down the track but the clutch/suspension was all wrong for the tire i used (555R). The clutch has no travel in it and wouldnt slip to save its life... I actually spent 2 seconds in my reaction time on the last pass trying to slip it. Didnt want to hear it. My best passes came from leaving off 2500rpm and having the car fall on its face and bog... then slowly power out of it and run 11.69. Also the car came in at 3450 with me in all my gear in it. Street race weight is closer to 3400lbs. Had 12-15psi in the tires. Going to adjust the suspension, run a QTP and hopefully dial in my launch. Need to leave off 5500+. That should get me my 60 ft and run the car down to low 11s at 124ish. And thats right where i expected to be at NED. NED is an average track. DA was 800. With the same air at atco.. ill go 2-3mph faster. At cecil..3-4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vysSWs7G-Aw

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

We've had great luck with the following tires and 5k clutch drops:
Hoosier 28x10.5 stiff
Goodyear outlaw series 28x10.5
MT 28x10.5 stiff

I believe MT now has a W stiff 28, which is likely what I'll try on my next G
Mustang.

IMO DR's are great IF you have the rest of the car set up perfectly, otherwise my philosophy is run the biggest M-F'in slick you can fit, mount it on the correct width wheel, and gear it correctly.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Hoosier 28x10.5 stiff
MT 28x10.5 stiff

Mustang.

IMO DR's are great IF you have the rest of the car set up perfectly, otherwise my philosophy is run the biggest M-F'in slick you can fit, mount it on the correct width wheel, and gear it correctly.

I agree I was running DR's before and was having alot of problems launching. Swapped to some M&H soft sidewall slicks and was getting 1.60's 60 ft's dumping the clutch at 4,500. Lookinh forward to getting out there on my new 28x10.5 M/T stiff sidewalls now.

EJR

Established Member
Hoosier 28x10.5 stiff
MT 28x10.5 stiff

Mustang.

I 100% agree. These tires are awesome on the street. Doesnt need any real heat to hook up. However with this clutch, ive never been able to launch without issues. The stock clutch was mint because I could slip the balls out of it. I just couldnt shift higher then 7k from 1-2 lol. I really look forward to getting some tire on it. I was getting extremely frusterated with the launch. My first few passes were a clutch drop from 4000-4500... it just didnt like it at all. Between chassis hop, wheel hop, spinning, was a disaster. So I calmed down and launched it the way i would on the street. Just let it bog and go. My first pass out was a 12.5 at 122.XX with a 2.6 60 ft. I havent cut that bad a 60 ft since my first track pass EVER in a car. That was a 2.7.

Im also starting to wonder if theres an issue with my clutch or its just the characteristics of the aluminium flywheel. There is NO travel trying to slip it. Everyone i talk to. Says the clutch slips like stock. Mcleod RST.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Im also starting to wonder if theres an issue with my clutch or its just the characteristics of the aluminium flywheel. There is NO travel trying to slip it. Everyone i talk to. Says the clutch slips like stock. Mcleod RST.

I installed a stiffer clutch on my old car, and the engagement point was like yours, just right off the floor with not a lot of travel or slip. Turns out when we bled the system we did it incorrectly, and my slave cylinder was compressed about 1/4" - 1/2" more than it should be, which was causing the lack of travel.

EJR

Established Member
The new systems are self bleeding and they are tied right into the brakes. And mine isnt right off the floor. Mine is at the top of the throw. About 1-2 thousandths it starts to engage at the bottom... but literally nothing changes till the very top and its all there. So i have to throw this peddle all the way to the floor to fully disengage the clutch... but all the engagement is still at the top.

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
Not every pass is a glory run... Dont compare NED to MIR, ATCO, or Cecil... that would be your first mistake right there. Second mistake...1.9 60 ft, 12psi in the drag radials...still went 122...Thats right where i expected to be MPH wise with those circumstances. Like i said earlier, the same pass at ATCO, 2-3mph faster. The same pass at cecil...3-4mph faster. I likely have 2mph left in the launch as well. 124mph is where i expected this car to be with a killer launch at NED.

mhyjek

Established Member
I guess they are ok runs.. but I am gonna say it 460rwhp and a 122 mph trap speed seems off..

Especially with his race weight being at 3450 with him being in the car. Vbox 60-130 @ 8.3 you should be trapping 127 on your worst day since that is identical to a stock z06 and you have drag radials even with 1.9 so foot times. I think we have a happy dyno. Do you have time slips?

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Especially with his race weight being at 3450 with him being in the car. Vbox 60-130 @ 8.3 you should be trapping 127 on your worst day since that is identical to a stock z06 and you have drag radials even with 1.9 so foot times. I think we have a happy dyno. Do you have time slips?

I wouldnt call happy dyno just yet, let him get some real tires on that thing first.

EJR

Established Member

lol it must be a happy vbox too?

I still have yet to ever see a stock c6 z06 out trap 121 at NED. But sure... they do 130mph stock :rollseyes.

Maybe i should drive down to cecil and out trap JJ... then will my dyno still be happy? My car made 391 stock on this dyno and i have kept track of every single bit of power I have pulled out of the car...

Keeping up with everyone on the internet is so tiring. What do you run at the track with yours?

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
Evan VS Cory - YouTube

Me VS my buddies vortech FRC Vette. ls1... full exhaust, 12lbs of boost, ported ls2 intake..etc etc...

His best pass of the day was 11.3 at 124

Happy dyno for sure..

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I've seen a ton of your video's, when your 60ft comes down (throw some slicks on it) your car is going to ****ing fly.

-Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread