4700 Original Mile Rad Fan Cracked

dsm2cobra

Established Member
Pulled into my driveway and heard a god awful sound. Almost sounded like valves against pistons. On further inspection I figured out it was the rad fan. I pulled the fan assembly last night. The outer ring of fan has cracked and was rubbing on the shroud. Is it possible to just replace the fan or do I need to replaced the entire assembly? Anyone have any part numbers of just the fan. It appears the fan comes off with a spring type clip. This thing only has 4700 miles. It must have gotten brittle from the heat cycling.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
This happened on my 03 Cobra at about 30k. I ended up replacing the entire assembly.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Mine did the same thing last year also 5000 miles.had to buy the assembly but was for the best as the motor is also 10 years old.

pmac231

Established Member
Same thing happened to me this summer. I bought the Dorman brand at the suggestion of a board member. It was pretty cheap.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
not worth buying a used blade assembly either imho as it seems to be an age thing, bought a used set and it did the same damn thing in short order.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Search for my thread
Aftermarket one I bought was def less than $100

big dad

Established Member
You guys got more mileage out of yours than I did, it cracked at a little over 1000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread