480rwhp Vortech Mach Vs. 07 500hp BMW M5

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
On my way through an obscure highway in central Mexico I spied a low slung blue BMW M5, very beautiful ride I must say. Tinted windows, 4 chrome exhaust tips, wide tires, beautiful car.

I paced behind him for several miles on our way out of town, he knew I was behind him. Low and behold the last light out of town town turned red which caught him first and me right behind him. I would have loved to line up next to him but it didn't work out that way.

The light turns green and he slowly pulls away, I was anticipating his move, he punched it with two black puffs of carbon out of his exhaust. We were rolling at 10mph, I was still in first. I hammered down, ran out first, shifted into second all the while judging if I was gaining or losing ground.

Second and third gears are my strongest gears, it showed too, I was closing the gap between us, so much so, I attempted to pass him as I ran out third.

As I sifted lanes and ran out third I shifted into fourth, my front bumper was even with his rear bumper, then something strange happened, he started to pull away from me, at a pretty good rate too. I was like holly shit did he just hit the "must go faster" button on his steering wheel?:dw: I let out at the top of fourth with him 1.5 car lengths ahead of me. Mind you I started off 1.5car lengths behind him to begin with.

I would have loved to line up next to him from a dig, I feel I would have taken him the top of 3rd.

All in all, that was one of the fastest cars I've raced to date, it ranks right up there with the cammed C5Z06, the juiced Trans Am and the 420 hp Integra I raced.

Some specs on my car: After cooled Vortech running 12 psig, stock bottom end, (Aluminator Motor on the way) bassani headers, X pipe, Borla stingers, dual friction clutch, aluminum fly wheel, aluminum drive shaft, electric water pump, 31 spline moslers, 410s, 10.5 inch wheels, lowering springs, upper and lower controls, 5 way struts and shocks, KB boost a pump, injectors, brakes, other aesthetic stuff, predator tuned by Justin @ JPC performance.

I'm not sure if the M5 was stock but it was badazz no doubt.:rockon:

Have a great day!

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
Good run! M5 are strong cars. Perhaps you ran out of gear 4.10's. Just IMOP, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
I think the M5's have the option to come with the 7 speed automatic transmission and they are known to pull very hard in high gear, but im not 100% sure.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I think the M5's have the option to come with the 7 speed automatic transmission and they are known to pull very hard in high gear, but im not 100% sure.

Yes they do, the SMG comes with seven forward gears ( although 5 of them are pretty much gear reduction) they make 507hp and 385trq to the crank. There gearing helps them alot.Along with the constant output of horsepower and torque through the whole RPM range due to VANOS(variable camtiming) They are a blast to drive. I have road test a couple . I am a tech for BMW so I am pretty familiar with the car. I cant imagine payng all that money for a car though.:thumbsup: Good run

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
Sounds like a good run. I guess I would first think nitrous possibly if he started to pull like that. I do not know much about the M5s as far as gearing and such so I am not qualified to speculate on that aspect.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Noble death. What kind of trap speeds are you running? I would have expected a different outcome too unless it was your gears.

If you're around 120mph, I suspect he might have had a small shot of nitrous or some breathing mods that helped in the upper rpm range? I speculate because the SMG 7 cars trap in the upper teens although I did come across someone with an M6 that trapped 120mph.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
sounds about right...
Those M5's and M6's really wake up after 170 or so .,,,
There are several you tube videos showing their impressive top end.
BTW they make about 430 rwhp and 330 rwtq give or take stock..
M5 Weighs about 4000 and M6 is about 100-150 lbs lighter ..
Nice ride btw!

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
the SMG is not an automatic, but at what speed was this, cause they are dogs down low, but once rolling the get the **** out for sure.

Thin kthey run 12.3's or something of the sort

redfire03 svt

Established Member
They also have the sport button they can hit which I believe does a whole lot for the car and in the M5/M6, I believe it adds tons of HP, so that is probably what he hit.

16kOrBust

Established Member
They do have the sport mode button that goes from 400hp to 500hp, but can they engage it in the middle of a run like that? Unless he was modded, I'm surprised that he changed the outcome so quickly like that. They only trap mid to high 11X and I would imagine with 480rwhp you'd trap MUCH higher than that. Sounds fishy...

Last edited:

dragon40k

Established Member
They also have the sport button they can hit which I believe does a whole lot for the car and in the M5/M6, I believe it adds tons of HP, so that is probably what he hit.

I can't see that being the case as that takes it from ~400 crank to ~500 crank. The op would have been WAAAAAAY ahead had the M5 not been in sport mode(or whatever they call it) from the very begining.

Nice race. I think he must have had a suprise or the gearing was really making the difference once you got into triple digits.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Guys my buddy has an 08 M5 ...
You cannot change the HP setting untill your stopped ,trust me when I say that trap speeds on the M5 dont do justice on how fast this 4 door is once 120 mph passes...They start to fly..
Try doing a roll with one right around 120 , they start moving fast...
And yes I have ran him in my C6Z and although off a 50 mph roll i jump out quite a bit once I hit about 160 (5th gear) the gap closses little by little ..I was very impressed by the M5..
GTboard.com has many many guys with m5 and m6 running other fast cars and they more than hold their own ...
BTW did you see the stock M5 Blow by the Gallardo @ like 140 on the you tune video ??? You tube
AWESOME!

fastbacon

Banned
Guys my buddy has an 08 M5 ...
You cannot change the HP setting untill your stopped ,trust me when I say that trap speeds on the M5 dont do justice on how fast this 4 door is once 120 mph passes...They start to fly..
Try doing a roll with one right around 120 , they start moving fast...
And yes I have ran him in my C6Z and although off a 50 mph roll i jump out quite a bit once I hit about 160 (5th gear) the gap closses little by little ..I was very impressed by the M5..
GTboard.com has many many guys with m5 and m6 running other fast cars and they more than hold their own ...
BTW did you see the stock M5 Blow by the Gallardo @ like 140 on the you tune video ??? You tube
AWESOME!

this is great info but id assume the race was over by 120.....he doesnt have anything left in forth...at about 120ish you would be in 5th gear.....if he was racing in 5th this outcome def makes since....but there is no way an m5 would take him to 120 unless he stopped for a lunch break between shifts

F8l Vnm

Established Member
this is great info but id assume the race was over by 120.....he doesnt have anything left in forth...at about 120ish you would be in 5th gear.....if he was racing in 5th this outcome def makes since....but there is no way an m5 would take him to 120 unless he stopped for a lunch break between shifts

Agreed for sure...
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread