5.0 Fox vs 97 Cobra.. Who wins?

Mockingbird

I street Race
Established Member
Reason? Im just curious, i dont know much about cobras/ mustang in general...i.e weight, displacement, was it a drag race, from rol? gearing has a lot to do with what kind of racing you do how much power your vehicle is packed with.

mr2cam

Established Member
Race never happened, both guys were too scared lawl

97cobraheaven

Established Member
ive raced a Fox 5.0 with exhaust and not sure what else in my old 97 cobra with 4.10s and exhaust, I wasted his ass

Raced a 95 5.0 with 3.73 and exhaust in my current 98 with 4.56s and exhaust and absolutley destroyed him, bus lengths

John4cam

Established Member
Reason? Im just curious, i dont know much about cobras/ mustang in general...i.e weight, displacement, was it a drag race, from rol? gearing has a lot to do with what kind of racing you do how much power your vehicle is packed with.

First, steep rear end gears help with what they lack down low, meaning torque.

Second, they rev to 7200 rpm's vs the 5200 in the 302 fox.

You would almost have to drive one to see/feel the difference. I ran 4.30's in mine and it was VERY streetable.:beer:

Topherbleh

Beer Master
Established Member
It will most likely happen next weekend since I assume both dusten and I are busy during the week.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
This is sad :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I've never seen two 13 second car owners make so many excuses to not run their car. :bored:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusten

Established Member
This is sad :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I've never seen two 13 second car owners make so many excuses to not run their car. :bored:

you're right, running in the rain is safe. Sunday no excuse. I sat around my house, dinking around, painting my mustangs cage, and chilling with my daughter before i go back to spokane for work. sorry.

mr2cam

Established Member
no one was scared cam, i was home all day dinking around with the fox. you were the one who was "home sick"

I'm not the one racing zipper head, we shall do it next weekend, who knows maybe my car will be running by then, I get the winner if its running :D.

Oh also chris and dusten, were doing the fights saturday night at Kelty's place around like 7, if the weather is nice maybe do the race that afternoon and then go get drunk and watch fights.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
I'm not the one racing zipper head, we shall do it next weekend, who knows maybe my car will be running by then, I get the winner if its running :D.

Oh also chris and dusten, were doing the fights saturday night at Kelty's place around like 7, if the weather is nice maybe do the race that afternoon and then go get drunk and watch fights.

i dont know if i'm watching these fights, but saturday works for me.

siLversLeigh

Established Member
Can't you three just pm the bs back and forth to each other? You're wasting perftectly good bandwidth. Just post the vid after said race. :thumbsup:

kthanksbai

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
the cobra has no business having 4.56 gears IMO.. no offense, just experience talking..
1st this^^

Then this,,,,,,
I havent had any car ever with a 4.56 but all I meant is that it would be a little steep for the highway and usual daily driving. Jeez..:shrug:

?

sure they would be great! unless you are actually going to be driving the car on a semi regular basis. IMO 4.10's are plenty of gear and almost too much for daily beating..

You really don't know much about early 4V Cobras do you?

Dusten

Established Member
Can't you three just pm the bs back and forth to each other? You're wasting perftectly good bandwidth. Just post the vid after said race. :thumbsup:

kthanksbai

you can get the **** out of my thread, i pay my premium money, i'll waste what i want.

Cam, i dont care to watch the hendo fight.

Dusten

Established Member
obviously not. I didnt realize that having big ass gears like 4.56's in a fox was not the same as it would be in a sn95 cobra

considering the fact the 4v will rev to 7200 and the fox with stock heads and intake loses power at 5200, his gears are perfect

Users who are viewing this thread