5.4 4valve notch

svt1111

Established Member
really? I was amazed at the prep for a street night. my first pass I had a 1.37 60' and went 10.05 @ 132.

got back in line around 730 and I was the 2nd car in lane 7. they took break! I go owell there goes the track! and watch, Ill go first. sure enough here they come and ok lane 7 get ready. so I was the first car in the left lane. friggin car cut a 1.38 and went 10.06 @ 133. I was pleased to say the least.

today was a WHOLE diff story.....terrible TERRIBLE prep today.

Whoa, glad I didn't make it up there after all then!

That's the thing with NED, you never know what to expect.

5.4 notch

Established Member
5.4notch

maybe when you run slicks the track is so more forgiving.running drag radials is a bit different. those are some good 60' times badass03svt.what size slick are you running.are you done for the season, i think there having a buick vs ford at atco.in a couple weeks let me know maybe we can get a couple cars and head down.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
maybe when you run slicks the track is so more forgiving.running drag radials is a bit different. those are some good 60' times badass03svt.what size slick are you running.are you done for the season, i think there having a buick vs ford at atco.in a couple weeks let me know maybe we can get a couple cars and head down.

28x10.5

yes its in 4 weeks on the 29th. as of right now I plan on attending.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
The hoosier 17" 315 dr has more wobble than the 17" et street bias imo. The bias went straight at any speed at 16#. Like a cruise on sunday w 17" 03 replicas. Of course slicks are better, 15" is superior to 17". I dropped .4 sec. at low power w bias et streets..

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
well went to track last wknd new best time 9.59 at 144mph in the 1/4 and 116 in the 1/8 with a not so good 1.55 60' on mt drag radials. this was done at 3250lbs in a 5.4 turbo notch. will be turning it up soon.

Sweet RIDE! Next is a chute!

With some 1.30 60's you will be LOW 9's or HIGH 8's!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you run at NED next year! I'm local NH as well!

Mike

5.4 notch

Established Member
5.4notch

thanks everyone for the ttt. going to try and get down to atco the 29 for the buick vs ford event. anyone else plan on going.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
thanks everyone for the ttt. going to try and get down to atco the 29 for the buick vs ford event. anyone else plan on going.

yeap..Im leaving friday sometime...planning on racing either t&t or the 10.00 index on saturday then the ford vs buick race sunday! cant wait!

when you going down? where you staying? I havent gotten a hotel yet and I think Im going by myself

5.4 notch

Established Member
5.4notch

i got to leave sunday morning, i have a wedding sat nite. so will probaly leave around 3am. do you know if there going to be treating the track. have you gone down to this event before just wondering how the car count will be.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i got to leave sunday morning, i have a wedding sat nite. so will probaly leave around 3am. do you know if there going to be treating the track. have you gone down to this event before just wondering how the car count will be.

never been...Im sure it will be treated. its an event...plus saturday is the 10.00 index class....they deff have to treat it.

sunday morning?!?! ewww....not a fun hangover 5-6 hour drive....lol

5.4 notch

Established Member
5.4notch

what going on jake, well you were rite.put the car on the trailer sat afternoon,loaded the truck. went to the wedding,didnt get in till 4am there was no way i was up for the 5hr trip. just wanted to see if you went and how was it.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
IMG_0613.jpg

Beautiful!!!!! Great time as well...

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
what going on jake, well you were rite.put the car on the trailer sat afternoon,loaded the truck. went to the wedding,didnt get in till 4am there was no way i was up for the 5hr trip. just wanted to see if you went and how was it.

haha....was great! saturday was REALLY windy but sunday was 65 and not a cloud in the sky. I ran within .04 out of my 6 passes all weekend. you deff have to pay attention down there as they run things much differently than NED.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Sounds like you had a good time down there Jake. Did ya end up going by yourself?

yeap...left saturday morning at 3am...at the track for gates opening at 8.....cheapo hotel sat night....track sunday from 9 to 5 and drove home.

another from Ma that I know came down sunday with his new setup. car ran a best of 9.83@139 last year on a 302 / t-76 turbo setup. he had to make license passes and only got one so so run (crappy 60') in on his new t-88 turbo. car trapped 150.xx though.

Users who are viewing this thread