5.8 in the new S550 SVT?

Husky44

Established Member
As the OP, and an owner of a 13 GT500, can I respectfully request that we keep the discussion to the subject line, and take all the discussion of the relative value of 13-14 GT500s, etc, to one of the other 4000 threads on that topic?

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Since the whole 2016+ SVT 'Cobra' Mustang section is pure speculation with no facts at all available we are just here killing time. So I can't really say any of us are on topic since it is again just speculation and time killing waiting for something to happen.........Steve

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Ok, the 5.8 Trinity motor is no more. There is also not going to be a twin turbo 5.0 in the next SVT.

So that leaves a supercharged 5.0 or 5.2 or just an NA 5.2. I would like to see something new thrown out there like the flat crank 5.2, but I think the blown 5.0 will be the most cost effective and capable for what they want.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
I think we will here something soon. I have been loyal to the Ford brand and SVT. Hopefully Jamal and SVT won't let us down. 707 hp and 650 TQ from the Challenger is going to be tough to beat.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
They don't have to beat that number, just be near it and focus on getting it to the ground, the new svt will have the weight advantage. We also dont know if ford will offer a auto option too.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
That is a big, but beautiful looking car!

Having owned a few high HP and TQ cars, 90% of the time they are just dyno queens, and lesser cars can walk by for the 1/2 first mile.

If the electronics are in place, then give us all you can for HP!

Mike

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
It is time for Ford to make an aluminum version of the Raptor engine with larger displacement than 6.2 liters and put a supercharger on it and go after the Hellcat. The engine could also be offered in the next Raptor.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
I think we will here something soon. I have been loyal to the Ford brand and SVT. Hopefully Jamal and SVT won't let us down. 707 hp and 650 TQ from the Challenger is going to be tough to beat.

How? With a few upgrades on the Trinity we are way north of that. It'll be better than the Hellcat even if it is 650. How I have no idea but they have true competition now.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
How? With a few upgrades on the Trinity we are way north of that. It'll be better than the Hellcat even if it is 650. How I have no idea but they have true competition now.

They can get 700 with a blown Coyote, don't even need the Trinity although that whole engine series back the 5.4 holds a special place.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
They can get 700 with a blown Coyote, don't even need the Trinity although that whole engine series back the 5.4 holds a special place.

Putting a motor together that can pass Ford durability testing harder than just any aftermarket company throwing on a blower. Roush even bored and stroked a 6.2 out to 7.5 making 850hp n/a. Again good luck passing Fords testing.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Ford was already at the Hellcat's power numbers with the Trinity, they decided they needed an undersized throttle body and a quiter intake tract so they could meet drive-by noise requirements and have a little louder exhaust note. Spending 30-minutes in the garage and installing a twin-65 and res delete picks up 40 horses or so with no tune. So that puts the car at over 700 right there.

Also in another thread someone who works for a supplier said that his company made certain parts which only fit the mod motor and not the coyote and he said they got a large order from Ford and he was quite sure some form of the Trinity would continue production.

Blaine

Established Member
Fact: Autotrader reports 89 used 13 coups with an average price of $60,350. I would say that these cars have lost little to no value as of yet.
Opinion: Until there is a car that equals or eclipses the 13-14, this will remain the car to have for the next couple of years.........Steve

Is this with or without the BS 10-15K dealer mark up calculated. LOL. With the new HELLCAT/Z06 coming out.. "the new best thing" selling a used GT500 at $60k will be only a dream.

Also with the new Hellcat slap in the face by Dodge. I'm sure Ford is back to the drawing board with the new GT350/GT500.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread