5-lug 1993 cobra rims a reality

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
These things take time and it is not a priority for the manufacturer but it will happen. Off the record and IMHO I'd be shocked if we get them before March, but DON'T quote me on that.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
cant you guys just use the 9X tbird 5 lug wheels? they are the same as the cobras just in 5 lug :shrug:

7815_1.JPG

Last edited:

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
These things take time and it is not a priority for the manufacturer but it will happen. Off the record and IMHO I'd be shocked if we get them before March, but DON'T quote me on that.

While I hope you can get them by March, it will most likely be a miracle if they are delivered to a doorstep by March 2009. I've seen this kind of thing before...a lot.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Once he finally officially said the first repros were a "go" it took well over 3 months before the first ones arrived stateside. And with the holidays coming on, I figure March at the minimum as well.

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
I'm getting 6 out of the first batch. Unfortunately, I don't have the 5-lug done yet. I'll post pics of the rims once I get them.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
any pics of the finished rims on a car to look at?

Nope, since their still on the boat, have to go through customs, be shipped from Wheel Replicas, and have tires mounted; I'm sure it will be atleast a month before we start seeing pictures. But they will be posted on this thread as soon as some start popping up.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Damn I just spent over $1500 on my 93 Cobra specific Baer Track brake kit so I could keep my four lugs!!! Not sure I would redo it all now, plus I would have to replace my welds.

Can you send me a link for the 4 lug baer system so I can check it out?

runin1320

sTaNGs OwNs JoO!
Established Member
Rims are on their way! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I'll post pics once they arrive next week. Now I just need to get the five lug conversion parts...:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread