$500 Future race. any predictions?

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
Ok, 2 of my co-workers (One is a long-time friend, the other is an idiot..See if you can guess which one is the friend.) Are planning a $500 1/4 mile race at a local track here in VA. Several speculations have been flying around and bets being placed on this race. One has an 03 Redfire coupe with posi-ported eaton, 2.76 pulley, metco idlers, Afco dual-pass, JLT RAI, H&R Springs, Bassani X and Mac cat-back. and tuned. (making 502 hp and 479tq. according to him.) The other is a 91 CRX turbo with some B series something or other swap, a shiny CAI, lowering springs, and some sort of "Exhaust"...(the really big one from autozone I think.) and he yanked out the rear, passanger seats, and all the door pannels and trim. he is running stickies as well. his is making (again, according to him.) 405hp and 310tq.He has also claimed a 10.20 time at 130mph. I put $50 on the stang. Was my bet misplaced? What are your guy's thoughts?..also, I will be the one driving the Cobra. (thus, the reason I posted it here)

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
No idea until they run. Everyone knows a gutted turbo Civic can be fast but look like turds

I suspect the civic is talking out his ass about 1/4 times but you never know?

Hope you can drive and the civic spins...

gnxs

Established Member
This race could go either way (based on the info provided), but if it was my Cobra I wouldn't be racing unless I had some stickies on the back.

Pumpkinator

U.S. Army
Established Member
What size is the turbo in the Civic? Those cars weigh very little.

By the way if he yanked out the rear he is going to have trouble running on the track with only two wheels and his rear end dragging!!! LOL!!! J/K...

Last edited:

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
What size is the turbo in the Civic? Those cars weigh very little.

By the way if he yanked out the rear he is going to have trouble running on the track with only two wheels and his rear end dragging!!! LOL!!! J/K...

haha sorry mis-pronounced that..rear SEAT. lol

willys srt8

Established Member
I had a gutted, CRX run low 10s on me at Richmond. LOL. I wasn't dumb enough to run him for $$. Good luck.

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
If the dude is talking shit and pulling numbers out of his ass then you have nothing to worry about but if he's not a 400hp riding lawn mower should roll out. Wanna borrow my car so you can win? lol.

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
If the dude is talking shit and pulling numbers out of his ass then you have nothing to worry about but if he's not a 400hp riding lawn mower should roll out. Wanna borrow my car so you can win? lol.

Your car wouldn't touch a gutted 400+ whp CRX either. Those cars weigh 1,800 lbs full weight.

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Honda dbag is talking out his ass like 98% of these honda owners do. Just put some good tire on the cobra and make sure your boy can drive half way decent. Even if the honda was making that much it wont hook up for shit because it takes alot to get one to hook up making that kinda power.

ademily87

Established Member
I had a gutted, CRX run low 10s on me at Richmond. LOL. I wasn't dumb enough to run him for $$. Good luck.

Could be the same guy!! Haha

You never know with those Honda guys. If he's telling the truth alllll my money would be on the crx.

Just pray he doesn't hook if he ain't bs'n ya!! Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My question is why isnt your friend driving his own car? There is nothing worst than someone running their mouth about their car and handing the keys over to someone else to put in the work for them when it counts.

Users who are viewing this thread