$500 Future race. any predictions?

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
38mm!? ppuuuahahaha! dude rape this guy please!

Hopefully this will be what happens. I'm still not gonna trash the crx because I don't know if all the details are there. the cobra is proven and documented. so the "X" factor is just gonna be the drivers and whether or not he has something up his sleeve. But yeah, when I heard 38mm I was like, "really?..38?.." thats like a ping-pong ball-sized inlet. :bash:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hurry up and drive to Raleigh NC and you can borrow my DR's.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Hopefully this will be what happens. I'm still not gonna trash the crx because I don't know if all the details are there. the cobra is proven and documented. so the "X" factor is just gonna be the drivers and whether or not he has something up his sleeve. But yeah, when I heard 38mm I was like, "really?..38?.." thats like a ping-pong ball-sized inlet. :bash:

It's not a mustang, it doesn't need a million hp and huge turbo to go that fast.

On a small 4-cylinder in a car that might weigh under 2000-lbs it could still beat a ported cobra.

Now it goes with any car, though. If it's tuned nice on decent boost it'll win. If it's a crap tune with low boost then it'll be losing.

I wouldn't laugh off the car just because it isn't a manly testosterone, fist pumping v8 mustang badass machine. :)

Last edited:

blkvenm97

Established Member
please tell me u got this on vid....and as for the natural bridge raceway thing I may do that sometime in the next bit. I live in southwest va probably an hour and a half from there but I might be down for a roadtrip sometime since it's free for stangs on friday. ecspecially since you say it's a good track because bristol tn track where we race is shit! what's the elevation there do you know?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
It's not a mustang, it doesn't need a million hp and huge turbo to go that fast.

On a small 4-cylinder in a car that might weigh under 2000-lbs it could still beat a ported cobra.

Now it goes with any car, though. If it's tuned nice on decent boost it'll win. If it's a crap tune with low boost then it'll be losing.

I wouldn't laugh off the car just because it isn't a manly testosterone, fist pumping v8 mustang badass machine. :)

Wouldn't a small turbo like that on that application spool up really fast? :shrug:

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
Either the race didn't happen or he got smoked.

Sorry for the wait guys, just got home. I am proud to announce that the stangs have it. We decided on DR's at the last minute and loaded up. We arrived at the track at a little after 3pm EST. Temperature here was holding steady at 82 Degrees. At the prep station the CRX guy was doing all kinds of under-hood shenanigans because he had beaten us there and already done 1 pass. We all met at the bleachers and discussed payment and such. We then proceeded to get everything in order and lined em up. First pass was Cobra: 11.59 at 124 and CRX 13.21 at 114. Second pass was Cobra: 11.38 at 127 and CRX: 13.30 at 116. At this point the money was already won and so were the bragging rights. Dude was PISSED. He put down another $50 on a rematch. We lined them up again and you guessed it. Cobra: 11.25 at 128 and CRX: (wait for it...wait for it....) 14.20 at 105. So Cobra goes 3-0 and work is gonna be awkward. I dont know what happened to him or his car but it was def. not his lucky night. He had some traction issues the second run. the first was the cleanest. The last I don't know what happened to him he went straight out of the track and back to the truck. Even though it isnt my car I take pride in those kills. I had a guy video it from a cell phone. I'll try to get the video up as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread