$500 Future race. any predictions?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Jesus what a shit talking asshat.

We go to the import showdown every year at Sac Raceway. They have some hackjob hatchbacks and crx's that run 10's and 9's easy breaking some low 1sec 60ft's on FWD with LSD inserts and wide slicks. They just grab and go. Sound horrible though but they get the job done and most owners say theyre not even $10k into those cars including the car itself, and when they break they just go to the junkyard and pick up new parts. Thought for sure you were gonna get worked OP but it sounds like he was talking out his ass on his setup if all he could muster was 13's.

Sneaky01Snake

Established Member
I would think if hes gona drop $550 the car really would be able to at least do something close to what he said. He basically had no chance and was hoping you would screw up i guess. What an idiot (as you mentioned in the op)

Nice kills for some cash!

blackvette101

Established Member
He probably thought because he was bs'ing about his power you were also. I see a lot of "ricer" import guys and 500+ whp is a huge thing to them that most never see mainly because alot of there bottom ends are done around 400+ so if all you know is 4 bangers then 500 whp from basic parts is pretty unbelievable to them. And 11.25@128 dam that is impressive i did not think that was possible with only 500 rwhp.

Last edited:

Sneaky01Snake

Established Member
but even still, if I was BS'n I wouldn't put $500 down and then rematch for $50 again....makes no sense. "take my money" unless his car was really not performing the way it had before and he was having issues.

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
but even still, if I was BS'n I wouldn't put $500 down and then rematch for $50 again....makes no sense. "take my money" unless his car was really not performing the way it had before and he was having issues.

This I'm not sure of. He had done 1 pass before we got there snd said he was in the 11's..so I dont know if there was some type of failure in the the car or what but nonetheless, I'll take a win. In reference to the numbers..Don't quote them EXACTLY. I dont know how accurate the timing devices are there because when they said I was hitting high 120's my speedo said more like low 120's. which I dont doubt is possible. The car felt great. deffinately felt like 500+ thats for sure and those DR's didnt hurt either.

Last edited:

Sneaky01Snake

Established Member
Oh no doubt, not tryin to take anythin away! Jus trying to understand his logic and im not seeing it if thats what his car really runs haha. Silly ricer, he wont be running his mouth for a while

16kOrBust

Established Member
Great kill, man. Good to see results posted.

And why in the hell would you throw down another $50 after losing $500 when you're getting smoked by almost 2 seconds and 10+ mph?! I could see a couple tenths and 1-2 mph knowing you were having problems and thinking you might have worked out an issue in between runs, but two seconds and 10+ mph is not even in the same league. Not even in the same zip code. You must have put trains on him with it getting worse and worse all the way through the traps.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I love how the cobra just keeps knocking off faster times and the CRX gets slower!

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member

A buddy video'd it from a cell phone I didnt have to work today but I'm gonna try to get it up on here tomorrow when i see him. Thanks for the posts everyone..and yeah I didnt see his logic inbetween races betting another 50. We had a 10 minute cool down between the first 2 and maybe 20 mins between the second and third where he was messing with more stuff under his hood...We never changed a thing. The only reason we even popped the hood was to let it breath a little. haha. Just kept on pounding away at it every run. Managed to really get the feel of it on the last pass. Geat work he's done to his cobra. It really has no trouble putting the power to the ground. Very responsive and solid. I'm in the process of adding some of the same mods to mine. except it's a vert. Wont make a huge dif. but some at least.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
This I'm not sure of. He had done 1 pass before we got there snd said he was in the 11's..so I dont know if there was some type of failure in the the car or what but nonetheless, I'll take a win. In reference to the numbers..Don't quote them EXACTLY. I dont know how accurate the timing devices are there because when they said I was hitting high 120's my speedo said more like low 120's. which I dont doubt is possible. The car felt great. deffinately felt like 500+ thats for sure and those DR's didnt hurt either.
did he have the time slip to prove it?

Users who are viewing this thread