500rwhp reliable?

Jsak

Established Member
I am wanting to get a cobra and make 500rwhp. Will I have to upgrade anything to make it reliable to drive or is that too much hp. what kind of gas mileage im I going to have

xenodragon

Established Member
I think alot of people have 500hp daily drivers. Some fuel mods may need to be upgraded. MPG shouldnt change that if anything it should get better for daily driving i would think.

My car will be making close to 500hp soon with the mods in my sig and a ported blower.

One of my friends has a whippled cobra as a daily driver, and drives ~80 miles a day on it

Last edited:

Deftones

Established Member
I get around 14-17 in town and 17-22 highway. I also dont daily drive mine. It also depends on how I drive, which is usually like a bat out of haities.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I am wanting to get a cobra and make 500rwhp. Will I have to upgrade anything to make it reliable to drive or is that too much hp. what kind of gas mileage im I going to have

550-600 unless you know your motor doesn't suffer from oversized piston problem.
they seize with too much heat.
600-800 with a stock bottom end.
I GET ~22 mpg on the freeway in 6th with no boost.
7MPG @15 lbs.
about three open tracking when you always press the go button.
Jeff

Last edited:

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
the 500 rwhp is the limit line of many things on the car, think about Maf, 60 lbs injector, Irs Brace maybe a must too. Again it depends on how you want to be safe...

Ben

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
500rwhp is very reliable and very streetable, assuming you respect the power. Pretty much all you should need is a ported blower (Stage 4 or Stage 5), the recommended 2.93/2.90 upper and 4 lb. lower combo, upgraded meter, BAP or Ford GT fuel pumps, and possibly (but recommended) 60 lb. injectors. Under normal driving conditions you'll never know it isn't a factory stock setup. It drives that nice. Nail it and you'll quickly remember what's under the hood. LOL! Gas mileage wise you won't see much difference under NORMAL driving conditions. The problem is that with all that power it is very hard to resist giving it a bit more gas when rowing the gears. And THAT ultimately means worse gas mileage. I good trade-off IMO. :)

You'd be wise to include the above mentioned IRS brace with all that new power.

Users who are viewing this thread