550whp 03 conv. vs. 517whp 04 hardtop...

smg944

Established Member
ok finally here is the vid between my buddies 03 cobra vs. a very comparable 04 cobra.

mods...

03 cobra conv. stig stage 3, 2.76 upper, #2 lower, full exhaust , nitto dr's etc...

vs.

04 cobra hardtop. stig stage 4, 2.76 upper, #4 lower, full exhaust, mt radials etc... 517whp and traps 124mph in the 1/4.

here are the runs. vids are not the best since it was dark. camera in 03 cobra conv.

-first race 55 roll, both got a good hit 03 cobra pulled 3/4 car when the 04 cobra let out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rlb70ler-8"]YouTube - 550whp cobra vs. 517whp cobra 1[/ame]

-2nd race 25 roll, 03 cobra spun some so the 04 cobra pulled ahead by a car, by 120mph the 03 cobra was side by side with the 04. then the 04 let out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbBDO7bk1LA"]YouTube - 550whp cobra vs. 517whp cobra 2[/ame]

SlwSVT

Established Member
Looks like pretty evenly matched cars. The 04 knew when to let off in the 2nd race, looked like the vert was going to walk by him.
How does the 03 make 30+ more hp then the 04?. The 04 has a higher stage port job (from the same company) and a 4# lower vs 2# lower then the 03? Must be the dyno factor.

smg944

Established Member
i believe the 04 cobra hardtop has dynoed at a few different dynos over 510whp each time. i remember hearing a dyno number of 512 from him and now 517. the 03 cobra conv. is a freak and makes very high power for an eaton.

bigmoose

Established Member
i've learned numbers from a dyno don't mean much. I went to a dyno that inflated my #s (509/560) with my setup. I had it retuned and the numbers went down to 475/502, yet it runs much faster now.

agh1889

Established Member
Why bother racing if you dont bring your "A game"????

Anywho good kills! Love seing some cobra rivalry lol :beer:

i had a longggggg day so i was on my B game lol......but for the guy thats asking y the stage 3 is making more power than the stage 4 the answer is its all in the tune.

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
btw, mine is 03, and no FULL exhaust, im on stock manifolds, and you have 3.73's im on stock 3.55's

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Love it how this fool lost and
A ) He was on his D- Game LMAO and
B) He thinks Roll racing is Ghey but he still did it and still lost ...
LMAO man , Some of you guys are no better than these damn ricers that make excuses..
Run what ya brung man , otherwise no one wants to hear it..

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
Love it how this fool lost and
A ) He was on his D- Game LMAO and
B) He thinks Roll racing is Ghey but he still did it and still lost ...
LMAO man , Some of you guys are no better than these damn ricers that make excuses..
Run what ya brung man , otherwise no one wants to hear it..

Yea i think its ghey but im not gonna not race, its just my opinion, and how am i makin excuses? the night we raced i was not a sore loser, i admitted he beat me and gave him kudos, its a fast car, call me old fashon but i prefer from dig to end racing, shows more skill.

Users who are viewing this thread