CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
Doug will clean the shadey Maple out

Rick
You never forget a great eatery, do you Rick? And I just noticed Doug just "threatened" to show up. Hope he brings a big appetite. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Derek@AmazonRacing
come or clean out the place?
Both Doug! :p

Maybe we'll get to see Rick clean up on the track AND at Shady Maples. :lol1:

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Originally posted by HIGH ROLLER
FWIW When i had my Lightning a few years back i spoke with M.Troyer about comparing the Mustang Dyno to the Dynojet and from his results they found an average of around 10% difference,there was one gentleman awhile back that posted he made 42x something on a mustang dyno and went to a dyno jet and he picked up over 40rwhp on it so the 10% seems to be alot more in range what everyone else is making. That would put that car in the 470HP range and 540TQ range which is exceptional in my book.

Yes, the world of conversion / nonconversion is an interesting topic. Personally, I like them because conditions from site to site are always different and if you are going to make any kind of reasoned analysis all the variables that affect a result need to be known and understood. Unfortunately, it seems some conversions are accepted and others are not and for no particular reason from what I have seen.

STD and SAE conversion seem to be desirable for Dyno results. This conversion uses temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure to allow the comparison between dynos nationwide. These are also the basic factors that are used to compare track times under different environmental conditions. However, those conversions do not seem to be accepted as a general rule. The same may be true about Mustang dyno conversion. Why? Who knows, perhaps pride is behind it all.

My Mustang dyno conversion would also come out to over 500 RWHP using the aforementioned conversion which I could relate to my best converted 1/4 time of 11.21. However, like many here I'm just a hobbyist so it's not really important to me what these numbers mean but rather I enjoy understanding how a physical conditions affect and interact with different hardware and how to make that hardware work more efficiently under various conditions. Ultimately, it's how well the car does on the road/track that I find so enjoyable.

I applaud Amazon Racing for their continued efforts on this area and if conversion analysis help us get there then that's a good thing to me.
:beer:

1time

Established Member
I had my fill with dyno #"s let the track do the talking :)

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
Where can you go and get your mustang flying, Your diesel Excursion flying and your work E350 diesel flying besides Amazon Racing

Go Rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mm49

Established Member
Originally posted by Bad03Cobra
Where can you go and get your mustang flying, Your diesel Excursion flying and your work E350 diesel flying besides Amazon Racing

Go Rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Several Places !!! JLP Racing also does Diesels, Lightnings, Harleys.....

And he has a new in ground Dyno !!!

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Damn,

All this talking got me in some trouble, eh?

sambandit explained it well, my thoughts exactly.

Rick, I give you the respect you deserve, and I take NOTHING away from you. I am a happy customer many times over. You gusy have helped me out TONS of times when I was in a jam. When I need a part, I know who to call, lets leave it at that.

I just don't see how 500+ rwhp is possible WITHOUT a mathmatical conversion from a Mustang dyno, or even a lower pulley is possible.

Call me a player hater or whatever, just my question.

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
Originally posted by mm49

Johhny lightning???????????????

maoun

Established Member
this is the first i've heard of this bellhousing stuff....so, what's the word on who's gonna make a beefed up one to run?

good info rick!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by mm49

OMG! A real in-ground dyno? OMG! Is he the first? :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
BTW, green chile is what you get on top of your burrito when you order it smothered at a mexican restaurant.

Man, you aint right, I searched for QUITE a while today and found no recipes, then you spring this on me?

Don' t talk to me.

akaeric

Established Member
I don't know if my question got posted or not I don't see it and I got interrupted so if this is a double post you can delete one of them. I just wanted to know where Amazon Racing shop is located or does anybody know of a good speed shop thats specializes on Cobras or mustanges in the Southeast area. I am 40 minute from Savannah Ga. and two hrs. from Charleston,SC and willing to travel as far as atlanta ga. which is about 4 to 5 hrs away?I do alot of work my self but if I can find a shop to do the mods and can get the chip right would be nice.:rockon:

Last edited:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Hey rev, I did some checking and found out you can buy the stuff in a bottle! Don't even have to get messy! Green Chilli. :rockon: Very impressive #s 03redfiresnake.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread