6 years later...

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
Well I am finally back in a Lightning. I sold my last truck about six years ago, but never stopped loving them. I am back in a 2003 Sonic Blu, roughly 63K miles. I actually bought it from DroptCobra, who is on these forums. Couldnt be happier with the truck; its an awesome shape.
I am stealing a picture that DroptCobra posted in his ad, since the truck is hiding from the brutal Chicago winter right now.
Expect lots of questions as I have been out of an L for so long, and haven't had a car at all for the last 3 years. Feels good to be back. When the warm weather comes back let the modding begin! :burnout:

SonicBlueL.jpg

Jroc

Established Member
Very nice looking L!

Congrats! What kind of mods on it? I see an exhaust, shorty antenna and those look like 555R's on the back?

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
Truflow intake plenum
Accufab single blade throttle body
JLT CAI
OBX headers and catless mid-pipe
MAC Catback
Circle D valve body
170* thermostat
VEGASbabyVEGAS oil separator
2/4 drop (Eibach front springs/JLP rear kit)
Shorty antenna
20% window tint
Sony headunit
Harley Davidson F150 headlights
DEPO black tail lights
Nitto 555's in front and 555r's in the rear

Planning on putting back in the original headlights,taillights, and clear corners. Probably going to put in a new upper/lower grille. Think i might go with the billet grilles. Thinking of going with a #6 lower pulley/tune come the summer time.

mystickb1996

Established Member
congrats on the truck!!!! you in the chicago area? i saw this forsale, i live in chicago portage park area new to the city... how do you like it ? mods? im putting together a m122 build right now

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
congrats on the truck!!!! you in the chicago area? i saw this forsale, i live in chicago portage park area new to the city... how do you like it ? mods? im putting together a m122 build right now

Ya, I'm actually downtown now. Moving out to the Arlington Heights area in the Spring though. The truck is awesome; forgot how much fun these things are to drive.
I put the mods a few posts up. A lot of the basic stuff done to it already so that will save me some money.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Looks nice! yeah, i had a 03 L back in 04 and when i got rid of it, i told myself i would get another one later on. Took me 6 years too.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Congrats on the L! I think I might do the same thing if presented with a good enough deal. I'd really love to have one again.

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
Truflow intake plenum
Accufab single blade throttle body
JLT CAI
OBX headers and catless mid-pipe
MAC Catback
Circle D valve body
170* thermostat
VEGASbabyVEGAS oil separator
2/4 drop (Eibach front springs/JLP rear kit)
Shorty antenna
20% window tint
Sony headunit
Harley Davidson F150 headlights
DEPO black tail lights
Nitto 555's in front and 555r's in the rear

Planning on putting back in the original headlights,taillights, and clear corners. Probably going to put in a new upper/lower grille. Think i might go with the billet grilles. Thinking of going with a #6 lower pulley/tune come the summer time.

Awesome looking truck! If you swap the grille out let me know.. I am looking for a factory upper right now.

Users who are viewing this thread