600+ Whp: What clutch are you using?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I installed a 26 spline McLeod RXT in my son's 608 RWHP 03 Cobra. The clutch grabs at the top of the pedal and utilizes full pedal stroke to completely engage/disengage, leaving no room for TOB freeplay. Hill starts are terrible! Worst of all, between 1,400 to 1,750 RPM's in 3rd & 4th gear, the clutch resonates an intolerable noise, sounding like a loose exhaust. Two speed shops told me it was due to the lack of a Marcel on the clutch discs. Reinstalling the stock clutch eliminated the noise and proved their point. Tech support at McLeod is awful! Lee is the only one who knows what he's talking about, but he is seldom available and doesn't return phone calls, which leaves you to talk to the lead tech support guy who thinks "a 10 spline input shaft is all you should ever need". For me, McLeod is a one and done, and I'll be ordering a Centerforce DYAD which has dampening for both clutch discs.

ya it doesnt seem to get mentioned enough that you might have to get an adjustable pivot ball and fun crap like that...this better be one hell of a clutch when I get it in

SVTPete83

Established Member
There is no other choice in my book. My rxt is one of the favorite parts of my car. Grabs awesome and a very light clutch pedal

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Centerforce DFX.. Grabby, chattery, grippy, awesome. Spending big bucks on a twin system just to make it more street friendly seemed like a waste of time.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Any of guys install the rxt an leaving the 10 spline? My car will spend 98% of the time as a dd (so the soft clutch pedal will be nice) and the other 2% will be the occasional open track day. I have no desire or plan to drag race with my car.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread