600+ Whp: What clutch are you using?

Native

Established Member
Going to replace my clutch in my car. I'm looking for a clutch that has good street manners and holds 600 whp. I drove a car with a spec 3 in it and was not a fan. (that's great if you use them...just not what I like)
A couple non typical companies I'm looking in to are below. Let me know what you are using.

American Powertrain
Promotion
Clutchmasters

Native

Established Member
spec stage three plus here and have u drove a car with a 3plus yet

Yeah I have. It seems like it's durable and can handle some power but I personally wouldn't want to put one in my car. Again, that's fine if you love it, just not for me.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
Promotion High clamp. Truely awesome clutch. After the break in period I went to the strip and was launching at 4000 rpm on 28" slicks and it never missed a beat. Love it.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Your not going to beat a spec 3 for the money. Your also not going to get a single disc clutch designed to handle 600+ that's noticeably different feeling. I'm not sure why you don't like it and I'm not trying to change your mind but personally I thought it felt great.

Native

Established Member

McLeod RST.
I've heard a lot of good things about Mcleod twin disc clutches. They handle power and are incredibly streetable.

Promotion High clamp. Truely awesome clutch. After the break in period I went to the strip and was launching at 4000 rpm on 28" slicks and it never missed a beat. Love it.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of people who run their clutches. How does it feel in comparison to other brands?

Quick Strike

Established Member
Spec 3+ with almost 750 RWHP here. Spend more if you like or just have a girly leg!

Native

Established Member
Spec 3+ with almost 750 RWHP here. Spend more if you like or just have a girly leg!

lol you spent less money so you could have a non "girly" leg :poke:
Interesting reason to buy a clutch.

I get saving a little money but why not spend a little more and get a clutch that you don't have to feel like you are leg pressing every time you push it in.
Each to their own.

Quick Strike

Established Member
lol you spent less money so you could have a non "girly" leg :poke:
Interesting reason to buy a clutch.

I get saving a little money but why not spend a little more and get a clutch that you don't have to feel like you are leg pressing every time you push it in.
Each to their own.

It's all good pumpkin. :poke: Do what you feel is best. It is really no sweat to drive even in stop and go traffic, and I'll be 50 in a few months. + 1 on "to each his own."

Last edited:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
For the money spec 3 FTW ! And yes it chatters here and there , but you driving a 600whp cobra not a 5spd 4cyl corolla looking for comfort lol :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread