600rwhp reliability?

Jsak

Established Member
Im thinking about buying a 2.3 whipple and having a 575-600rwhp car. What mods do I need to run that power safely and also be a daily driver. Want the motor and rearend to last a long time. Also can the transmission handle that kind of power without modifications? Im a newb.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
read my sig. That's a pretty good head start. Granted you don't need the Long tube headers nor the Lever 5's but there's a lot of info in there.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
There are tons of threads on this man. The car is plenty reliable with the appropriate amount of fuel and timing. The transmission and rear will be fine, you might need a clutch upgrade depending on your driving style.

Jsak

Established Member
thanks for the info. awsome!!!! I cant believe how tough these cars are taking that kind of power without doing many mods. What is the limit on the motor in hp to the wheels?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I just made a thread about this also. Just remember, the car only experience 600WHP when you floor it. So normal cruising should be like stock. BTW, some stock block have taken mid-high 700WHP...just depend on the tune i guess.

Jroc

Established Member
I'm getting real tired of not being able to afford a TS blower and 600 whp. :cuss: :(

MikeW

Established Member
I hope there is some reliability @ 600RWHP I have to 03's that need to last for a few years at 600+ :beer:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
They're backordered for the next 3-4 weeks?? WTF

I suppose it depends on where you order it from :shrug:. As I called up my supplier and ordered the new 140ax (gen 2) 2.3L Whipple and an accufab SBTB this morning - at a great price to boot. They had it in stock and it was shipped out today.

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Wanna help a brother out & let me know where that was?:beer:

Most places send a PO to Whipple... if there is such a sacred place that has them in stock with great prices let me know lol.

Last edited:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
appropriate fuel system, ie. injectors, boost a pump

clutch, and I highly recommend input shaft of the T56 to 26 spline

other than that, an excellent tune. . . and you will be fine :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread